Anyone Running 39s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brings me back to my youth when I asked a local coachbuilder and certified Porsche technician if I could put a 914 motor (type 4) in my baja bug. He tilted his head a little and said "son, you could put a windshield wiper on a billy goat's ass, but I don't know why you'd want to."

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man I used to be obsessed with Bigfoot 5 when I was a kid in the 80’s
They are from St Louis Mo so when they were big in the 80-90's we would see them down at the Lake of the Ozarks running the truck out in the water. Those crazies would drive right down the bat ramp at Big Thunder Marina and out into the water. It was pretty cool to see but a few times with strong winds they did have to be pulled back to the dock, just no "traction" to really move the truck. Heck I always thought they should have put a little outboard under the body like a Duck Boat.

When the Dept of Conservation started writing tickets for contamination it kind of killed the whole thing.

Last edited:

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually noticed that as well once I posted it. I bet he took them off to paint and got confused when he put them back on.

He should probably wear a respirator next time.

They are from St Louis Mo so when they were big in the 80-90's we would see them down at the Lake of the Ozarks running the truck out in the water. Those crazies would drive right down the bat ramp at Big Thunder Marina and out into the water. It was pretty cool to see but a few times with strong winds they did have to be pulled back to the dock, just no "traction" to really move the truck. Heck I always thought they should have put a little outboard under the body like a Duck Boat.

When the Dept of Conservation started writing tickets for contamination it kind of killed the whole thing.
Google “MonsterMax ocean” and relive your childhood. I wish I had known they were down here to do this. I’m pretty sure the spot he left from wasn’t far from me.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He should probably wear a respirator next time.

Google “MonsterMax ocean” and relive your childhood. I wish I had known they were down here to do this. I’m pretty sure the spot he left from wasn’t far from me.
Yeah, 3.16 mph that is why down at Lake of the Ozarks they had to be pulled out all the time if there was any wind.