anyone know what these are from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandman_kw

Reaction score
i installed dual radium catch cans this weekend. i found these 2 caps? in the engine bay during the installation. anyone have any idea what these are or where they are from?IMG_4911.jpgIMG_4917.jpg

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
have seen these come up in some other forms for other ford vehicles. the consensus on those pages was these are used in manufacturing to keep dust out of opening in the engine and electrical plugs.

think an open water pump port prior to hose install. When it comes time to plump the truck on the assembly line these get pulled off, dropped and left as it takes too much time to dig them out of tiny places.

then as you drive the truck wind throws them all over your engine bay and they end up falling out or right up stuck somewhere until you replace the part its stuck under...

OP
OP
sandman_kw

sandman_kw

Reaction score
ok, i figured they were something left over from the build, but just wanted to check. thanks for the info...

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@sandman_kw how do you like the radium kit? I was thinking of getting that radium dual can. Is it easy to empty the cans without the drain line add on? They look like a PITA to take the cans off to dump them out.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have drain tubes with petcock valves on mine. Just open the valves and let them drain during oil changes.

OP
OP
sandman_kw

sandman_kw

Reaction score
i got the stopcock valves to put on the bottom. i just haven't put them in place yet. can't answer to how they work as i only have about 15 miles on since install. installation took about an hour and fifteen minutes, taking my time. the only thing i will caution is when you cut the factory hoses to get the connectors off, there is a ring gasket at the distal end of the connector that can be sliced with the knife when cutting the tube. they look nice, i guess time will tell how they perform. no cel codes as of yet as well.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe the amount of crap I have found in the engine bay from assembly, tape, wire wraps, packaging, rubber bands, etc. Ford is getting extremely sloppy.