Anyone know this Raptor? Thinking it’s scam...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
c4sxm5

c4sxm5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a signature on a DL is enough of a red flag to want to cancel a $50K deal? His ID (not appropriate for you to post the thing without any of his personal info blacked out to begin with imo) is from the same town as the item location. Does a reverse image search show the truck images on another website with a different location? It's ebay motors people post pics of their vehicle with a description and you bid on it...not sure what you were expecting beyond that. Agreed that not a place I'd do a $50K deal because of the fees but hey you bid on it...

He offers local pickup. Go get it yourself if you are concerned. Sounds like cold feet on the buyer's end unless you have some smoking gun you are holding back...

The signature is definitely fake because there is no DMV in the US that I am aware of that will allow you to type your signature or use a digital signature. If you look at the signature its not handwritten it was typed in on a computer....

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so just won this auction on EBay and the seller is throwing a bunch of red flags. Rather not say what at the moment just incase it’s legit but if anyone knows and can find anything about this Raptor please let me know.

If tried searching vin and some of the add ons through google but not getting much results

2017 Ford F-150 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/113897373387

Your link doesnt take you to the Raptor,just a "cant find" Ebay page...and doing an advanced ended items search does show the truck,but doesnt let you access the listing or the "seller"....I'm not sure how it works with Vehicles,but with regular items,you can access the item for 90 days...did Ebay pull it after the sale?
So...I've been an Ebay seller and buyer since they started in 1998...and swore I'd NEVER buy a vehicle on it.....BUT,in a moment of weakness,a few beers,and a few friends egging me on...I'm now the proud owner of a MINT 2014...Yes...I bought on Ebay,never drove it before buying...but I also didnt get any RED FLAGS....you say you got a BUNCH of them....well for $50K...one would be enough for me...bottom line is if YOU dont feel comfortable,WALK...its not the last 2017 for sale...But with that said...if its not local so you can actually go see and drive it,Google the city its located in for shops that do PPI inspections,and and ask the seller to bring it in for them to check....shop YOU pick..not him....If he wont do it....WALK...
My Ebay experience was one of the best I've even had...got a killer deal,talked with seller for almost a month after buying to arrange PPI and shipping,and not 1 red flag....
Again,bottom line...those "red flags" are telling you something...go with your gut or you could be kicking yourself for many years to come....:33:

A P.S. to above that I wrote before seeing Buyer got to bottom of it all....but as I said...if ifs no longer on Ebay from the item #(my first red flag),they pulled it...and they know it was a scam....There are good deals on Ebay...just need to know how to spot the Red Flags,which you did...cool...Personally I'd like to find 3 other Raptor owners and go find the guy...strap each arm and leg to our rear shackles and give him some good old Roman Justice..!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
c4sxm5

c4sxm5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auction was pulled after I called eBay this am. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and have literally purchased more than 10 cars on eBay and have sold 3. No issues at all in the past but every time I get a FL number I run into issues. Lol.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auction was pulled after I called eBay this am. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and have literally purchased more than 10 cars on eBay and have sold 3. No issues at all in the past but every time I get a FL number I run into issues. Lol.

GOOD JOB..!! Wish there was a way for them to ban him forever,but,problem is he will be right back at it in a week with new ID...Ebay has gotten better over the years protecting buyers...Bought a $1300 item from Canada several years back...it was a "fake"... Sent Ebay documentation it was fake,and had a full refund in a week....Even offered to ship back if seller would pay the $200+ shipping,BEFORE contacting Ebay...he refused....So Ebay told me...JUST KEEP IT...Full refund and I still have item sitting in Office to remind me....BEWARE of Red Flags...lol

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The signature is definitely fake because there is no DMV in the US that I am aware of that will allow you to type your signature or use a digital signature. If you look at the signature its not handwritten it was typed in on a computer....

Agreed I just figured you had some other info you weren't sharing yet. Not being able to see the truck and the half payment thing are giant red flags. Wonder where he got the pics from? Usually with these scams the pics are taken from craigslist or somewhere else.

OP
OP
c4sxm5

c4sxm5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed I just figured you had some other info you weren't sharing yet. Not being able to see the truck and the half payment thing are giant red flags. Wonder where he got the pics from? Usually with these scams the pics are taken from craigslist or somewhere else.

That’s the one thing I cant figure out. The pictures are legit and the car is title in Lebanon tn based on Carfax but I can’t find any thing based on my research. Only thing I came up with is it was for sale several years ago on he asked the seller back then for these pics knowing he was going to do this in the future once the pics are unavailable if that is even possible.