Anyone have a noise in their back seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had similar issue when brought new truck home.

Thought it was the seatbelt.

It was the jack behind passenger side rear seat.

It was loosely secured. Tightened it up, noise gone.
All that is completely out of truck.

hanzie4221

Reaction score
So to jump in on this. It sounds like I have some noise coming from the sunroof. I can here light creaks what seems to be coming from above. It’s loudest in the a.m. when pulling off the driveway and here and there you may here a light creak. Rarely open the sunroof, but have performed the maintenance on it with greasing the seals and the mechanism, and rails.

Is there anything else to get in there and check? More grease internally?

All i did to fix mine is:

Open the sunroof
wipe off the front edge of glass and front edge of rubber seal to get dirt and majority of dust off
applied some grease that was mentioned on these forums (didn't even apply that much)

this fixed my issue and hasn't come back yet (8months)

OP
OP
T

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guesses:

seat belt latches. Try to place something above them so they don’t “fall into the seat”. Next guess - seat latch. hit it with some white lithium grease and retest.
Looking into seat latch more now.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s the sun roof. I took some Silicone sex lube to the seal around the sun roof. Has not squeaked or rattled since. There is a service built on it. I thought is was a seat issue or something until I opened the inside part of the roof while the wife e was driving.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s the sun roof. I took some Silicone sex lube to the seal around the sun roof. Has not squeaked or rattled since. There is a service built on it. I thought is was a seat issue or something until I opened the inside part of the roof while the wife e was driving.
Not the picture in my head that I wanted. You in the back seat with sex lube.

JackBrazen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny...thought it was stupid to post this annoyance but my truck has that same faint rattling sound coming from the back and I just got it!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I already lubed mine up. And I even went over it again. No change. When you hear the creak,
It sounds like it’s coming from the back end of the sunroof. Many may not even pick up on it or be bothered. But I have ears for interior noises in vehicles. I will tell you if the front passenger seat belt is not laying flat, it always sounds like door noise.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
So I already lubed mine up. And I even went over it again. No change. When you hear the creak,
It sounds like it’s coming from the back end of the sunroof. Many may not even pick up on it or be bothered. But I have ears for interior noises in vehicles. I will tell you if the front passenger seat belt is not laying flat, it always sounds like door noise.
You're lubing the rear fixed panel too, right? This is the one that makes noise on mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc