Anyone from from Roush to Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone went from a fairly newer F150 Roush supercharged (non gen1) to a Raptor; or vice versa?

If so why?

Pros and cons?

If could go back would you do it again?

Thanks - newb here and debating on a new 17 F150 Roush v8 with supercharger or new Raptor. Would be used for daily driver, lot of interstate driving where speed limit is 80; with no off road use.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the truck wont be used offroad why the hell would you buy a raptor? Get an f150. The biggest reason most people buy a raptor is the suspension.

mcallister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d get the raptor just for the sake of resale over the roush when you get rid of it. The raptor rides better, looks better, and is overall a better truck IMO. It’s not a bolt on f150 like the roush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who has owned a Gen 2 for right at a year and hasn't taken it off road, I'll tell you why a Raptor... because the roads around here suck, and I don't like to slow down for ****** railroad crossings, poorly constructed intersections, etc... everything else either gets the crap beat out of it or forces you to slow down.

I'm sure at some point I'll take my Raptor off road, but in the mean time, I'll continue to enjoy my smooth ride and other Raptor features in my every day commute.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Raptor certainly doesn’t ride better than an F150 unless you’re talking about taking speed bumps at 30+ mph.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Raptor certainly doesn’t ride better than an F150 unless you’re talking about taking speed bumps at 30+ mph.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there... sort of. Railroad crossings/crowned intersections that would either cause my '11 F150 to skitter around or hit the bump stops are smooth and easily controllable in the Raptor. Also, man hole covers (especially on streets where the city has done an asphalt overlay of the concrete road), etc... are much more tolerable in the Raptor.

So, not speed bumps, really, but common road features that I encounter daily...

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there... sort of. Railroad crossings/crowned intersections that would either cause my '11 F150 to skitter around or hit the bump stops are smooth and easily controllable in the Raptor. Also, man hole covers (especially on streets where the city has done an asphalt overlay of the concrete road), etc... are much more tolerable in the Raptor.

So, not speed bumps, really, but common road features that I encounter daily...

Comparing a 2011 to a 2017-2018 is hardly apples to apples. When I was driving around a 2017 loaner it handled day to day city driving better than the Raptor. It was the first thing I noticed. I’m not saying the raptor is bad but I think to say it’s “smoother” is disingenuous. You can cherry pick cases where it might be, but by in large, for city driving it isn’t.

DANACO

Reaction score
Comparing a 2011 to a 2017-2018 is hardly apples to apples. When I was driving around a 2017 loaner it handled day to day city driving better than the Raptor. It was the first thing I noticed. I’m not saying the raptor is bad but I think to say it’s “smoother” is disingenuous. You can cherry pick cases where it might be, but by in large, for city driving it isn’t.

I would have to agree with you, my 15’ rode pretty nice and was great at cornering on pavement, (20” wheels) something I miss in the raptor but decided it was a compromise I could live with, now I don’t think twice about anything that I would have slowed way down for in my 15’ Lariat, except corners ! In many ways, that’s why I bought the Raptor, the roads here suck and I do go off road from time to time so again, it was a compromise. I did like the carrying capacity of the Lariat by comparison but still more fun not to have to slow down for crappy roads and off roading.

Last edited:

PmRob

Reaction score
I’d beg to differ. Handles much better and is a smooth ride. Only person who says otherwise probably never has been behind the wheel ( with its 3 steering settings )