anyone else give up a powerstroke for there raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I traded a 09 F250 with the 6.4L in for the Raptor. I don't miss the DPF, and worrying about buying bad fuel for those high pressure fuel lines. Doing maintenance on the Raptor is way cheaper and easier. Now if Ford wouldn't void the warranty because you do deleted a DPF & put a tune on it, I would have probably kept it along with this Raptor. But you know Ford is not going to do that.

OP
OP
D

droppinbombs

Reaction score
yeah i know all about the dpf and tune on the 6.4. my brother has a diesel performance shop on the side and is a diesel mechanic at the ford dealership i bought my raptor from. i guess im just so used the easy things for fast in a diesel. doesnt take much to make those run like ***** apes. hey birdman as for the name, i did play some softball after i graduated and didnt play baseball anymore but its for more of a MMA reference. i didnt even think of when we used to hit BOMBS in baseball haha but thats a good one. i hope the mods help this thing out, if not i may be going back to dealership and seeing about trade in for another powerstroke, but dont really wanna take it up the *ss on trade.

OP
OP
D

droppinbombs

Reaction score
yeah keeping my 02' 7.3 and buying the raptor would have been ideal. liked the idea of the price drop with getting rid of it at the time but miss it now

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, don't miss it one bit, but then I had a weak stroke... '93 non turbo. Traded it on the Raptor.

Got rid of:

3 city block turning radius

+.50/ gallon fuel price premium

oil drips allover the place

Stink in the mornig cold start smoke

Needed an extra hand to help pedal when I got to a hill

$60.00 oil changes ( and I was doing them)

I could go on, but you get the idea.......

Sierra13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in this boat right now. Except I'm selling my duramax and holy hell I hope I don't regret this...there's nothing like a chipped up diesel being able to just roll on that throttle build the boost and take off without even a downshift. O lord what have I done:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

lunchboxrts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in this boat right now. Except I'm selling my duramax and holy hell I hope I don't regret this...there's nothing like a chipped up diesel being able to just roll on that throttle build the boost and take off without even a downshift. O lord what have I done:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I don't regret my Raptor. The power of this motor is just Bad A$$. It doesn't just put you back in the seat it slams you back and you better hold on.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crap.... OK,....... I do miss 2 things:
The ash tray where I kept all my spare keys.
Having 2 fuel tanks.

I think I can manage without them......

OP
OP
D

droppinbombs

Reaction score
"I'm in this boat right now. Except I'm selling my duramax and holy hell I hope I don't regret this...there's nothing like a chipped up diesel being able to just roll on that throttle build the boost and take off without even a downshift. O lord what have I done"

sierra13, thats the biggest part of what i miss about my powerstroke. just rolling into the throttle, no downshift, pulling from 40 to 80 without a hesitation and in the blink of an eye. maybe i have a lazy 6.2 but ive never been slammed back in my seat. if i manually drive the transmission and hold first gear til 6thousand rpm's than yeah it runs. i just miss the boost and the power of not downshifting going up hills and all that torque. i bought my raptor in june, and might have it sold this weekend. might just be my opinion but if you love your diesel power make sure you test drive a raptor before you sell yours

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

and i'll take the 100$ services, spotty drips of oil, and lovely cold start diesel smell for 1000 lb/ft of torque :lol2: