Anyone considering a Ranger Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son just got one. Used that Facebook site to find it. Plenty can be had at MSRP, just got to be quick in responding and willing to travel.

Its a nice ride. Just a smaller version of the full size. Plenty of power. It's only a tenth or two slower than the full size for 0-60mph. If I wanted something smaller, I would have no problems getting the Ranger Raptor. We haven't had a chance to get it off road but I'm pretty sure it will be able to handle anything we throw at it in Utah. It's smaller size is a big plus for mountain trails. I have plenty of pinstriping due to the width of the full size Raptor.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My son just got one. Used that Facebook site to find it. Plenty can be had at MSRP, just got to be quick in responding and willing to travel.

Its a nice ride. Just a smaller version of the full size. Plenty of power. It's only a tenth or two slower than the full size for 0-60mph. If I wanted something smaller, I would have no problems getting the Ranger Raptor. We haven't had a chance to get it off road but I'm pretty sure it will be able to handle anything we throw at it in Utah. It's smaller size is a big plus for mountain trails. I have plenty of pinstriping due to the width of the full size Raptor.
That's kind of what I'm thinking, plus I really love a pickup... The biggest thing that it does NOT have for me is the vented seats... I can live without the sunroof.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I had to downsize my truck I would definitely consider the RR over any other midsize truck.

Just wish they could of stuffed 35's in there stock.

Morgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A rantor even at msrp $57k is a steal compared to a tacoma pro $65.5k or canyon aev at $66k

The Canyon looks better, but yeah less power and more money. I thought they had magneride shocks to justify the higher price, but looks like I was wrong.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was
A young friend got an ATX4 Launch Edition, VERY nice truck. Beautifull interior, it reminds me of a high-end boat interior.

Is that the one with the frame mounted cameras? Such a sweet idea for crawlers to be able to see where rocks are under their vehicles. I think they have the camera view of each tire as well for self-spotting.

I still like the Ranger Raptor better overall, but the GM looks fun as well. The midsize truck market is on that slide into the more upscale markets that made full sized trucks and SUVs such a profit center for the manufacturers.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was

Is that the one with the frame mounted cameras? Such a sweet idea for crawlers to be able to see where rocks are under their vehicles. I think they have the camera view of each tire as well for self-spotting.

I still like the Ranger Raptor better overall, but the GM looks fun as well. The midsize truck market is on that slide into the more upscale markets that made full sized trucks and SUVs such a profit center for the manufacturers.
Yes, I mistakenly called it the launch edition, it's the Edition One, which was their limited launch model. Frame mounted cameras, beadlocks, a nice winch on a custom bumper, BD light bar, side rails with a nice bed cover, multi-matic shocks, head up display, custom interior, nice skids, really well done.