Anyone better options than OEM brake and rotor sets front and rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I am just going with OEM as everything else looks like chinesium crap, but throwing this out for 1 last recommendation.

Rotated the tires this weekend and I am 1/16th of an inch from the wear makers touching the rotors. New pads an rotors needed within the month.

mtnghost

Reaction score
Roush has a very good looking six pot brake system for surprisingly not too much money. Well considering how much parts for these trucks are. I would check them out!

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went thru pads and warped my front rotors after a few months of driving back and forth to Denver, CO on the weekends from Avon, CO while working at Eagle, CO airport HAATS National Guard unit.

The theory my coworker, and I, came up with was that the cold winter weather, snow, rain, etc. had an adverse effect on my rotors as they would heat up from braking going down the steep hills. Then, cooled very quickly by the aforementioned elements.

I did initially use Ford parts only for it to happen again shortly after. Eventually went to carbon ceramic rotors and pads. No more problems. Been on the truck since 2018.

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the record. I tried to buy the EBS Brakes and yellow pads, but American Trucks sucks. Ended up doing the Power Stop Z36 from Amazon.

My greatest purchase was the $30 mechanics seat from Harbor freight. Couldn't have done the job without it.

53637082627_cc3b370faa_h.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just remember there would be no gen two without gen one. For the record I too love how the gen twos look. ;)

Ha! Just realized we’re both in the wrong section!
Like that feeling when you realize there’s no urinals in the bathroom, there’s a tampon dispenser and you’re being stared at disapprovingly...