Any pics of the upcoming Recon Bed Cage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedBaron

Reaction score
I saw you have a bed cage in development. I'd love to see any pics of the design.

Thanks

Baldwin09

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For TMX? I'm the same way not making decisions until I see their bumpers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, we will have our first bed cage at the Chupacabra 300. I will see if we can get some of our CAD drawings up for you to see in the meantime.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys.... Here it is!

I have attached a couple of the CAD renderings. This a 95% prototype in which we are completing our last test next weekend at the race. The tire shown is a 37/1350 and the jug is modeled to resemble a VP square 5 gallon jug. We are still discussing where to mount the jack and a few wrenches, and should have an decision by next week. The cage is made out of 2" 3/16th wall tubing aka strong sh*t:headbang:.

Couple of things to note.

-There is not actually any carbon fiber on the bed mounted receptacles, I made them a different color to differentiate the cage and the mounting hardware, and I just thought it looked cool. There are 4 receptacles that mount using the 4 forward most bed bolts. Those 2 rear most mounting tubes 1.5" in the rear, and the 2 front most tubes are 3" tall. When the cage is out, the receptacles will stay giving you full use of your bed.

-We are currently using a bolt/nut combo to mount the cage into the receptacle but are looking into a "trailer pin" or pin and clip type fastener for quick removal of the cage. And yes we are planning on making 1 of them a locking pin so the removal doesn't become too easy.

-The actual mounting of the tire has yet to be decided on. We are testing 1 center bolt with a Delrin plastic cone to help self center your wheel and not harm it. We are also testing the lugnut/stud mounting as well.

I think this is enough of a teaser, and I am sure you will have your own specific questions. So FIRE AWAY.

Attachments

• TMXRAPT3-502_7.jpg
    TMXRAPT3-502_7.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 112
  • TMXRAPT3-502_7_FRONT.jpg
    TMXRAPT3-502_7_FRONT.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 110
  • TMXRAPT3-502_7_ISO_LOADED.jpg
    TMXRAPT3-502_7_ISO_LOADED.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 109
  • TMXRAPT3-502_7_SIDE.jpg
    TMXRAPT3-502_7_SIDE.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 108

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mounted up near the cab. We decided on that, because ultimately the Raptor is a truck, and with the bed extender-tailgate down, we still have about 5ft of bed space.

This cage was designed to keep the 37" daily driver in mind. As the wheel and tire do not fit under the truck very well in the stock location. So we imagine that most people will run the cage most of the time, and I didn't want them to have to remove it, just to take the dogs some where.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are still working on a larger cage that will hold two full size spares, two VP fuel jugs and a lot more...so stay tuned.