Any failed high cost stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wastegate rattles I have seen 3 people with so far and the cam phasers have been 2 people so far. That is not a lot in the grand scheme of how many trucks have been put out so far and have some decent mileage on them already. Even at higher than stock HP levels.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Wastegate rattles I have seen 3 people with so far and the cam phasers have been 2 people so far. That is not a lot in the grand scheme of how many trucks have been put out so far and have some decent mileage on them already. Even at higher than stock HP levels.

You do realize the 3.5 Ecoboost goes in other f150s besides the raptor, right? You can have a false sense of security, but there are definitely engine issues out there.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do realize the 3.5 Ecoboost goes in other f150s besides the raptor, right? You can have a false sense of security, but there are definitely engine issues out there.

Do you think these parts have not been updated over time? Mid cycle upgrades exist for all brands.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Do you think these parts have not been updated over time? Mid cycle upgrades exist for all brands.

17s and 18s show same problems. I don’t believe that Ford knows how to fix these things. Looking back at the cold start rattle, they released a plethora of TSBs that never fixed the root cause. I feel like now they finally conceded that it is improper oiling of the phasers... this is shown in the most updated tunes that Ford dealers are flashing on 3.5 ecos.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17s and 18s show same problems. I don’t believe that Ford knows how to fix these things. Looking back at the cold start rattle, they released a plethora of TSBs that never fixed the root cause. I feel like now they finally conceded that it is improper oiling of the phasers... this is shown in the most updated tunes that Ford dealers are flashing on 3.5 ecos.

Since the new numbers are so low, I believe more that its an assembly/QA issue as opposed to a full blown problem. All vehicle lines have problems. Even your godlike 5.0 assembly line.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The engine in the Raptor is much different than the other EcoBoost engines it is vastly superior and upgraded. In fact when the new reliability Awards come out in the spring the Raptor will likely be at the top of the list.

It is just amazing what Ford has been able to do with this new engine and transmission combination. They really hit a homerun on this one.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
The engine in the Raptor is much different than the other EcoBoost engines it is vastly superior and upgraded. In fact when the new reliability Awards come out in the spring the Raptor will likely be at the top of the list.

It is just amazing what Ford has been able to do with this new engine and transmission combination. They really hit a homerun on this one.

The engines are the same design concept. That is where the flaw is.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The engines are the same design concept. That is where the flaw is.

Nope. Very different in the area's that needed it. This platform will be around for a LONG time given its inherent stability and reliability.

Expect other auto makers to copy Ford's design on this one in the next few years, but they are definitely playing catch up.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Nope. Very different in the area's that needed it. This platform will be around for a LONG time given its inherent stability and reliability.

Expect other auto makers to copy Ford's design on this one in the next few years, but they are definitely playing catch up.

How do you explain the same failures for 3.5 ecoboost in both raptor and other f150 models?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you explain the same failures for 3.5 ecoboost in both raptor and other f150 models?

I dont have to explain them. They AREN'T happening.

Sorry man, the engine and design are top notch.

Just save your money and buy one. You will thank me later.