Antigravity Lithium-Ion Batteries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FDNY-L107

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Would anyone know or has had experience with installing Lithium-Ion batteries in our Raptors? Appears this company, Antigravity Batteries, makes a replacement size battery (2,000CA, 80AH), and looks very promising. Price tag notwithstanding (yes, extremely expensive relative), however I am also concerned that our charging system and BMS reset, is not compatible. I know nothing about this company, just what I read online, but it appears very promising.
I am familiar with these batteries and technology (I work in the data center industry and use them), so I understand the advantages, just not in our trucks or the automotive applications in general. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put a lithium-ion battery in a motorcycle that I own. Talked to the manufacturer before I made the purchase, and his only recommendation was to use a low-output battery tender (750 mA rather than 1.25 A) if I used one, and to disconnect the tender when it flashed green. He made no recommendation concerning the bike's charging system.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do some research, then ask the Antigravity folks some questions.
  1. LiFeP04 batteries need a higher voltage to charge than FLA. Will the output of the Raptor alternator be sufficient? I'm guessing that the alternator output will be ok.
  2. Cold weather charging (below 35/40 F) is not recommended. Maybe there is enough heat generated in the Raptor engine compartment?
  3. Charging in high temps reduces lifespan. What does AG say?
  4. Both #'s 2 and 3 might void the warranty. The BMS likely tracks these hi/lo temp events for warranty denials.
  5. The BMS on the battery might stop charging at both temp limits.
In the IT world these batteries most likely live in climate controlled battery rooms. The engine compartment might be too severe for these batts.

Ask AG and let us know what they say.

I personally like this chemistry. I use Discover AES 48 volt LiFeP04 batts at our off grid place in Terlingua, and I use a BattleBorn as a second batt in the bed of the Raptor.

These batts work great for me, but ours never see temp extremes. I installed a mini split AC in the batt room to keep the 48 volt bank happy and take the 12 volt batt out of the Raptor in temp extremes.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Would anyone know or has had experience with installing Lithium-Ion batteries in our Raptors? Appears this company, Antigravity Batteries, makes a replacement size battery (2,000CA, 80AH), and looks very promising. Price tag notwithstanding (yes, extremely expensive relative), however I am also concerned that our charging system and BMS reset, is not compatible. I know nothing about this company, just what I read online, but it appears very promising.
I am familiar with these batteries and technology (I work in the data center industry and use them), so I understand the advantages, just not in our trucks or the automotive applications in general. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.
I have (2) group 31 series Antigravity Lithium-ion Batteries in the back of my 2014 for a bit over 2 years. Dual ARB compressor & 2000Watt inverter to run tools or my blender, lights or whatever when camping (Wife likes smoothies with Vodka) When ignition is off, 1 battery runs accessories - whatever is hooked up. Ignition on or a manual conector switch both batteries run in series.
No problem so far with the stock charging system but it has only been 2 years - Stock alternator is still going strong. 5 or more years would give better life expenctrency data but only 2 years so far.

Attachments

• IMG_4879.jpg
    IMG_4879.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4878.jpg
    IMG_4878.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4882.jpg
    IMG_4882.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
FDNY-L107

FDNY-L107

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have (2) group 31 series Antigravity Lithium-ion Batteries in the back of my 2014 for a bit over 2 years. Dual ARB compressor & 2000Watt inverter to run tools or my blender, lights or whatever when camping (Wife likes smoothies with Vodka) When ignition is off, 1 battery runs accessories - whatever is hooked up. Ignition on or a manual conector switch both batteries run in series.
No problem so far with the stock charging system but it has only been 2 years - Stock alternator is still going strong. 5 or more years would give better life expenctrency data but only 2 years so far.
Very nice job, you do quality work indeed. Thanks for the reply!

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Lithium batteries in my motorcycles. They don’t need a tender when they sit in the garage for months. They also weigh like 15% of what a lead acid battery weighs.