GEN 2 anti-collision in operation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
There is a long story behind it, but be careful with all this "technology" guys. I was in a 2015 F-150 the first year they came out with the system and it malfunctioned at the worst possible moment. I am lucky (thanks to my human reflexes) to be alive after the "malfunction." Be safe and alert; the most important safety feature in the truck is you.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s a driver aid, I don’t want to convey the message that it’s to be relied upon as a fail safe. In my case, I was expecting to take the real estate of the 12 o’clock driver, who changed their mind. I went left around them to find a driver dropping anchor. I thought I had plenty of room to deal with the new 12 o’clock “let’s drop anchor on the interstate” driver and get around them but the truck decided for me to slow down and slow fast. Not complaining, I just thought it was informative.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Wow cool to see it in action, it has saved me 1 time also when I wasn’t quite paying attention enough, it sure it hit the brakes but it stopped super fast.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I’m an idiot and perhaps my parents didn’t have any kids that lived. More likely, the best part of me ran down the crack of my dearly departed momma’s (who would’ve turned 98 tomorrow) ass and wound up as a brown stain on the mattress..

But you dudes aren’t being clear. Does the damn truck automatically brake when not using ACC or not? I saw a video of a guy step on gas in his Raptor behind someone and the truck refused to hit the car in front.

I’ve seen those Xmas lights go off a few times but have never felt any auto slowing.

I have one of those flat plastic standup creatures in my driveway named Timmy that’s yellow and placed where kids play. I’m tempted to slowly drive up to it and see if my Raptor stops. My wife refuses to stand there for some reason.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Mine is a 17 and I don’t think it brakes by it self but it primes them and happens so fast it’s hard to tell if I hit the brakes or the truck brakes and my foot hit the brake at the same time. Either way it happens so fast makes you think the truck did it. Might be different on newer trucks.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I’m an idiot and perhaps my parents didn’t have any kids that lived. More likely, the best part of me ran down the crack of my dearly departed momma’s (who would’ve turned 98 tomorrow) ass and wound up as a brown stain on the mattress..

But you dudes aren’t being clear. Does the damn truck automatically brake when not using ACC or not? I saw a video of a guy step on gas in his Raptor behind someone and the truck refused to hit the car in front.

I’ve seen those Xmas lights go off a few times but have never felt any auto slowing.

I have one of those flat plastic standup creatures in my driveway named Timmy that’s yellow and placed where kids play. I’m tempted to slowly drive up to it and see if my Raptor stops. My wife refuses to stand there for some reason.

When using ACC the truck definitely applies the brakes for you, and it will brake hard if necessary. I've experienced this more than once, when my foot was not even touching the brake pedal. That said, in my 2017 Raptor, ACC won't apply the brakes if I am on the gas. This is a good thing in my opinion, as there are plenty of times that I don't want it to brake such as when I am approaching a slow vehicle while changing lanes to pass them. As for the collision warning system, I'm not so sure. I've seen the collision warning system triggered a few times, usually when I was rapidly approaching a slow vehicle as I was changing lanes to pass them, but I've never experienced it braking automatically.

Todd Miller

Reaction score
I heard it works, but, never felt any response in my Raptor except lights & warning noise. In Houston you drive in D-Fence mode ready to brake as there’s lot of Stupid Drivers here. I always use my brakes, haven’t ever seen technology beat my foot!

tomtom

Reaction score
Mine is a full load 2017 equipped 802A and technology pack my collision warning goes off plenty as far as I can see its a passive system that primes the brake for an emergency braking situation the same system is on my wife's 2016 Ford Explorer sport.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In my 17, it will brake if you stay off it too long. Pretty scary, but it worked for me when a moron cut me off. Most times it gives you enough time to react, so that if you do hit the brakes it shuts down hard.