Antennae

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get a good dual band antenna I went to Br180 it is does not require a ground plane to operate at its maximum output. Antennas only effect transmitting and receiving so no worries...lol... You can also tune antennas for a specific range if that's the only range you work in. I kept mine full length and use it to monitor police fire, ems, Air traffic, and anyone else that uses a radio, like FRS... Stick to quality stuff and it wont let you down when you need it the most...

A fellow ham buddy of mine, who is also a Tram dealer has informed me that 90% of mobile antennas with the exception of a few special ones require a ground plane to be effective. The Br180 is a good antenna. No tuning required.
You don't need to worry about tuning a antenna to receive police, fire, and ems. You do have to worry about it for transiting, you can burn up a radio or cause other issues with it. (mostly applies to single band stainless steel whips.)