Another rattle…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you get a chance, put it in 4hi or 4A and see if it goes away. It should. Only issue is if the iwe or hub has been chewed up it won’t engage properly.
I switched it to 4A earlier and it indeed vanished. Scheduled next available Appt at dealer for Friday morning. Let’s see how much nonsense they throw my way regarding the warranty although I’m thinking it’s covered up to 60k miles. Sure the stealership will be pleased to learn they need to fix this under warranty AND the driver airbag cover that has torn for a second time under safety restraint warranty as well. I will console them by paying for my full synthetic oil change lol thanks for the input. Every time I go to Ford for service I feel like I’m about to plead my case to a Supreme Court.

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point. Would be a typical Ford stealership move. Down here in S Fl, you can literally hand them a recall advisory and they’ll let you sit in the waiting area for an hour while they dig for any excuse not to service a truck you paid $80k + for . Can I tell you that the first time I took my Gen 2 into service for a very audible cam phaser rattle they tried to tell me what I was hearing was “wind noise” on the running boards. You can’t make this up. Wind noise. A cam phaser cold start rattle… all I could muster in response was “what wind? I’m in park”. Anywho idk how Ford treats recall work v these advisories that are put out by NHTSB and Ford but we shall see. Thanks for chiming in. Better to be informed than to leave a dealer thinking all of your trucks problems are due to wind shear lol

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive heard..."they're easy to fix yourself." I have not performed the fix but I got two spare IWE lines for under $50. I keep them in my truck just in case they bite the dust.
1658853015573.png

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do you think the dealer would try to screw you or anyone over any warranty claim? Ford pays them. They have to get approval from Ford before they start work. I believe the dealers responsibility is to ensure the failure is not fraudulent using guidelines Ford has provided. The service dept’s are what keeping many dealers afloat. Many service dept are incompetent, that’s a given. The stealership is the sales dept. ADM, extended warranty etc

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ju
Why do you think the dealer would try to screw you or anyone over any warranty claim? Ford pays them. They have to get approval from Ford before they start work. I believe the dealers responsibility is to ensure the failure is not fraudulent using guidelines Ford has provided. The service dept’s are what keeping many dealers afloat. Many service dept are incompetent, that’s a given. The stealership is the sales dept. ADM, extended warranty e
I replaced the IWE valve in 5 mins for under $20. I bought it at the dealership. Noise immediately disappeared. Dont let them rook you out of $400
I looked it up. Going to get one now it’s a very easy fix. Thanks again

OP
OP
Gen2Boost

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you think the dealer would try to screw you or anyone over any warranty claim? Ford pays them. They have to get approval from Ford before they start work. I believe the dealers responsibility is to ensure the failure is not fraudulent using guidelines Ford has provided. The service dept’s are what keeping many dealers afloat. Many service dept are incompetent, that’s a given. The stealership is the sales dept. ADM, extended warranty etc
Dealers in general would take out of pocket service over warranty work every time. Manufacturers pay a lower labor rate and the dealership loses out on the parts markup. Plenty of incentive to have you pay for the work. I’m only speaking from my own experience specific to Ford and my Gen 2 And the local dealerships I’ve dealt with so I’m not saying it’s universal but it certainly seems to be in S Florida.