Another new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things are moving along. I got my VIN last Friday. Called SVT and learned the build date is 06FEB2012. The rep advised it would be a minimum of 2 weeks before I'd see it.

Still reading through the posts and trying to prioritize what mods to make and in what order. So far, the OEM head light discussion really has my interested.

Welcome.

The OEM headlights are archaic and weak, but some of the aftermarket stuff is trash *cough *cough ebay *cough Spyder *cough.

Do your homework before you buy. Right now I'm considering upgrading to the headlights FRF user Ducati is retrofitting

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Welcome.

The OEM headlights are archaic and weak, but some of the aftermarket stuff is trash *cough *cough ebay *cough Spyder *cough.

Do your homework before you buy. Right now I'm considering upgrading to the headlights FRF user Ducati is retrofitting

Those are some quality hand made lights. By far the best looking too.

OP
OP
H

hardknocks

Reaction score
Welcome.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep reading and keep in mind what other owners have experienced.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My experience being a 2 timer (2011 scab, 2012 screw)
The headlights are better than 2011, still by no means acceptible for a 50k truck. I was really surprised with the difference, yet you can over drive factory headlights very quickly.

-Greg

OP
OP
H

hardknocks

Reaction score
So far things have been tolerable. Truck was built 06Feb2012 and due at the dealer 13Feb2012, as confirmed by SVT. Called the dealer and they are tracking as well. Asked about the Line X bed liner. Dealer doesn't do it but they called around and found a few places for. Since I am out of town next week, I said I would wait. They offered to drive it the shop. I said no thanks, didn't want my new ride being driven by anyone but me. They understood.

The dealer called this morning and found a company that will do the spray in and running boards in the dealer shop. Price is the same as it was 4 years ago to have my SuperDuty sprayed.

Pics to follow after I take possession.

Thanks to all for providing outstanding information about the Raptor and mods.

bL1X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! One thing to note - SVT doesn't really know when your truck will be delivered. My truck sat in a yard after it came of the train for about a week. The reason is since the Raptor is so wide, it can only fit on one spot on the truck and that's on top all the way to the back. Hell, the trucking company didn't even know when it would be delivered. Mine took about two weeks after build date. Just try to relax and prepare for all your mods in the mean time. Later

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! One thing to note - SVT doesn't really know when your truck will be delivered. My truck sat in a yard after it came of the train for about a week. The reason is since the Raptor is so wide, it can only fit on one spot on the truck and that's on top all the way to the back. Hell, the trucking company didn't even know when it would be delivered. Mine took about two weeks after build date. Just try to relax and prepare for all your mods in the mean time. Later

Yes, Raptors can only be tail loaded on carhaulers..

View attachment 6366

-Greg

Last edited: