AMS Inlet Tubes - broken bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I snapped the drivers side bracket while trying to remove the stock inlet tubes this weekend. This thing is one of the top 5 worst designed brackets I've ever come across. One PLASTIC bracket that mounts to the block with two fasteners on the same plane as each other.... no third fastener in a different location for triangulation... extremely tight bullet style pins on the (two) parts the bracket is tasked with holding. Goodness. It must have been a 1st year intern in the design department at Ford. One-time use product for sure. I hate that cars these days are designed for manufacturing and NOT use.

Anyway <rant off>, it snapped in half. How critical is it to have these inlet tubes held by that bracket? They do move, a little, now. I've epoxied the bracket back together but in my experience, that never holds forever.

Leave it off? Or order a new (sh1tty) part from Ford?

I swear I futzed around with this stupid thing more than the whole front mount intercooler install. Certainly cussed a whole lot more. LolIMG_0720.jpeg

Last edited:

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I AMS boost tubes and noticed where the pin on the boost tubes goes in the bracket had broke. I had a nice sized hole just open to the atmosphere. Not sure why it broke. So got a replacement boost tube an just removed the bracket all together. No problems so far.

OP
OP
XSTNKT

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I AMS boost tubes and noticed where the pin on the boost tubes goes in the bracket had broke. I had a nice sized hole just open to the atmosphere. Not sure why it broke. So got a replacement boost tube an just removed the bracket all together. No problems so far.
Thanks. I didn't bust the pin on the AMS tubes, but I DID bust a pin on the passenger side intercooler-side OEM tube. Luckily, the hole didn't go all the way through.... It's so dumb that Ford had to get "all fancy" with these. It could have just been a clamp on a metal bracket. Silly.