Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Amp Power Steps

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by RAG13, Feb 28, 2020.

1. RAG13

RAG13 Full Access Member

Anyone tried changing their side steps to the Amp power steps? I'm considering this mod since I use my truck as a daily driver as well as a weekend haul for the family. Stock side steps are really high for a lot of people to climb into the truck with, and the Amp power steps seem to deploy much lower from what I can tell in the pics and videos I've seen. IMO, they also seem to give the truck a more finished and sleeker look from the sides. Thanks for your input!

pughde likes this.
  2. JustRaptor1

JustRaptor1 Full Access Member

I haven't seen them on a raptor yet but would to love to know. I know people who have them on Jeeps and they are awesome.

3. MDJAK

MDJAK Full Access Member

There are people here who have installed them on their Raptor. They are lower than stock. I had them on my F150 Platinum and miss them.

Mikery1985 likes this.
  4. Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

They are a nice upgrade in functionality and looks IMO but they do allow more rocks/pebbles to be thrown at the bedside. The design of the OEM step blocks some of the debris the front tires throw down the side of the truck. Mudflaps or doing a clear bra/xpel on the bedsides would probably be a good idea

Roscoe968, RAG13, Tomt and 1 other person like this.
  5. MikeP703

MikeP703 Full Access Member

Obsessed Garage put them on his truck.

Skip to 15:45

RAG13 likes this.
  6. FerdFteen

FerdFteen Full Access Member

I have them on my 19 raptor. I run King 3.0s all around and Deaver +3s in the rear. Love the steps, in my opinion they are the perfect height if your truck sits a little higher than stock. I'm 5'11 for a reference point.

As the vendor mentioned, I have PPF on my rocker panels to offset any dings, and I'm probably going to install some Rokblokz flaps as well, mainly to cut down splatter on my bedsides since I peek out past my fenders a little bit with aftermarket wheels.

Tomt likes this.
  7. Droid

Droid kglesq's Brother

The best feature of the stock steps IMO is protection against door dings. Most vehicles can't ding the Raptor with the front doors. Rear doors with wheel cutouts can still reach over the running boards though.

8. Biggwrm

Biggwrm Full Access Member

Unfortunately the douche with the lifted chevy that has to park right next to you. To tell you how much of a waste of money the raptor is.
    His doors will still ding ya.

9. -Ryan-

-Ryan- Full Access Member

I've had them for years now. They work fine. Running boards on trucks, while very practical, are a major eye sore to me. So they had to go.

Tomt likes this.
  10. ljn21

ljn21 Full Access Member

Anyone know if the steps from a regular F150 just bolt on/plug in or is there some work involved to add the stock ones or aftermarket ones?