Amp Power Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI, my 2019 Shelby Baja Raptor came equipped from Shelby, as part of their standard Baja Raptor package, with a custom version of the AMP XL automatic running boards. However, Shelby's version of these custom AMP auto boards are noticeably wider than the standard AMP XL auto boards, and they lower down way closer to the ground than Ford's standard AMP auto boards. They are very easy and convenient for ingress/egress. But, here's the kicker: they are extremely effective rock sliders when retracted. They work like a champ in terms of protecting my doors whilst off-road on all sorts of hostile terrain. On my woindow sticker, it says, "XL Power Steps with Rock Sliders and Lights." I didn't realize this when I bought it new from my Ford dealer, but after my first short while of driving her, and getting in and out, I realized this aspect is one of my most favorite things about my truck.

Sweet, wonder who actually makes them!

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone wanting the OBD splitter for AMP steps I am pretty sure the AMP splitter is a rebranded Autometer. The AMP is $95 on their site and $75 on Amazon. The Autometer is $30 on Amazon.

AMP Research 76404-01A PowerStep Plug N' Play Pass Thru Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JE6P74K/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

AUTO METER 5323 OBD-II Accessory https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0784PC19Q/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

After initially trying a different splitter that Nick@ApolloOptics sent with the steps that wouldn’t activate the steps for some reason I installed the Autometer today and works flawlessly. Thanks Nick for working with me to make this right and try to figure out the issue. Great customer service as alway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for sharing this! Just ordered.

HAPPILY EVER RAPTOR

Reaction score
Sweet, wonder who actually makes them!

The 2019 Shelby Baja Raptor auto deploying/auto retracting steps/rock sliders are manufactured by the same company that Ford uses on its Ford Raptor, namely AMP Research. However, the Shelby Baja Raptor's auto steps/rock sliders are a specialized custom design spec built by AMP, as spec'd by Shelby.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir