Amp Power Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leadweight

Reaction score
Amps are super easy to install. Basic tools. I’ve never paid anyone to install mine. This Raptor is the fourth truck I’ve installed them on. To leave them down, you don’t need to leave the door ajar, just step on the board and close the door like normal. It only takes a second and the board stays down to protect your truck from door dings. The new models of Amp steps plug into your obd port. You only have to run a power and ground to the battery.
If you want to have your obd port always available for some other device, then you just need the y connection that plugs your steps in but leaves a port open for an accessory. There is NO programming in the trucks computers needed. They are plug and play.
Best steps by far imo. Do not buy the slightly cheaper, Chinese knockoff version Bestop. They’re junk.

957386BC-5A68-476B-AE46-070A7982C89A.jpeg

Reaction score
Anyone use these deployable steps in cold climates with heavy snowfall? Wondered if they might freeze up and not work with snow and ice buildup.

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them on my GMC. They have only frozen up once or twice but always work after I kick off clumps of frozen slush kicked up by tires

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys with plug and play. Did you get extra OBD pigtail? Is it just unplug OBD when you need to use it and no AMP issues when you plug back in?

TRUKPULR

Reaction score
Yes I installed them on my raptor due to the fact I'm 62 and didn't realize how high the stock bars where till after I bought the truck. They fit nice and drop down 8".
20200126_132243.jpg

TRUKPULR

Reaction score
As for Freezing there was one morning where it was -15 below that the worked kinda slow, Sprayed some WD40 on the pivot points and they where good to go after that.

Dan