Amex, Costco Purchasing Programs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Brit

Reaction score
I've read both on this forum and on review sites that Costco Auto Purchasing might not be as top notch as the majority of their other services...

Seems American Express (who are in Costco) has a purchasing program that people have had better success with? Can you share your experiences with either and offer any tips? Incidentally, doesn't the Amex purchase site have a similar feel to the Costco site?

Looking to buy a loaded 2012 Super Crew in black or silver but I'm in Seattle, so purchasing through Randy in St Louis has a distance issue.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptors dont qualify for AXZ or D plan pricing. unless they find a way to negotiate with a particular dealer, i dont understand how costco or amex will help with an SVT vehicle. if im not mistaken all costco or amex do is qualify you for X-plan.

19-Kilo

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope, it is not the X plan... it is a separate program. Mudder got the Costco price plan I think...

I almost used it, but my dealer said it was easier for them if they just gave me invoice price :)

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Brit, if you dont mind a drive from nor cal(or seeing if they will dropship to a local dealer) my dealer gave me a killer price (damn close to invoice).

It ended up being 1400 cheaper then buying with USAA (which is similar to costco) and the dealer is going to do linex/cap and possibly headers/exhaust for the long drive back.

OP
OP
T

The Brit

Reaction score
Thanks DirtNasty - A local dealer here is offering X-Plan pricing on a 2012 order from the factory. For the convenience of shopping local, I think I'll take that deal - just need to get my arse over to the dealer!

Cheers,
Mark

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent out an inquiry though my Amex account and had a dealer call and offer invoice. It wasn't a "program" in that I didn't see any prices on Amex. They basically just blasted an email out to local dealers and I went with the best offer.