Ambient Temp wrong/stuck? (GEN 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim182d

Reaction score
Anyone experienced an incorrect ambient temperature indication on their Gen2? The ambient (outside) air temperature as indicated on the top/center of my main info screen seems to be stuck at 64 degrees F. While that would be wonderful, given the fact that it's 90 outside today, it doesn't appear to be correct. I've done a short (10-minute) battery disconnect with no change.

Ideas or experiences with the same?

And no, I haven't tried the weep-hole solution (yet).

Thanks!

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need some bumpstops...:ROFLJest:

If everything else is acting normal- A/C cooling properly? Display is showing correctly? Then it very well could be the actual sensor.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't had this problem on the truck but did have this problem before on another Ford. It threw the AC system off when this happened. The issue wasn't consistent which made it difficult to take in for service. Hopefully yours is stuck at a set temperature. Mine would sometimes reset itself and then jump 30 degrees in five minutes.

OP
OP
T

Tim182d

Reaction score
Well, seems the weep hole trick worked! I drilled a 3/4" hole directly into the screen where the outside temp was and...well, it doesn't show 64 F anymore.

Seriously though, I jumped in the truck after work (was then about 95 F outside) and the outside temp read correctly on startup. Worked fine the rest of the day. I'll hope it was a one-off event.

Thanks for the feedback--

SuperAirDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any carbon fiber stickers on your truck? I hear it can make a Raptor so cool, it will always read 64 degrees no matter how warm it is. Just a thought:biggrin:

Grey03

Reaction score
Mine did that one day. Temp was wrong and didn't change, but as soon as I started driving it changed to the correct temp.

taoseno

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had the same problem almost everyday.............temp is wrong.