Ambient Lighting Installation Part 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see in the pic the footwell piece you need to pull down, the footwell lamp is in this piece and is where we connect the cupholder.
B8B2E8CD-7399-4440-AB66-E198412B41B5.jpeg
Below is the two harnesses and it shows you what goes where, one harness is longer than the other so you will be able to differentiate the two. The diagram is courtesy of JHForman.
FA1CA902-EBEE-41C3-8E9F-C1CB8F560678.jpeg
After you have every thing connected and routed to your liking, make sure everything works after install and reassemble your truck. I got caught up in the installation and forgot to take pics of the actual connections, sorry guys. As long as you follow the diagram its really easy.

I hope this helps you all wanting to do this, If you get stuck and have an issue shoot me a pm and I will be more than happy to help you.

Sorry I had to do this in three threads as you can only post five pics at a time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FoxNotch

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does this let you change the color of the ambient lighting ? is it managed through a phone app?
No, you can’t change the color with this, the ambient lighting is in the infotainment screen under vehicle settings, you can only turn it off and make it brighter.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been sitting on all these parts for months and am hoping to get around to the install this week.

I think my only confusion is where the "center console light" harness is? Will you just confirm it's what I have in my second photo? I'm guessing it will be self explanatory once I'm in there, but I like prepping for stuff like this as much as I can.

IMG-5820.jpg

Where my red arrow is?

CCL.jpg

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see in the pic the footwell piece you need to pull down, the footwell lamp is in this piece and is where we connect the cupholder.
View attachment 393325
Below is the two harnesses and it shows you what goes where, one harness is longer than the other so you will be able to differentiate the two. The diagram is courtesy of JHForman.
View attachment 393324
After you have every thing connected and routed to your liking, make sure everything works after install and reassemble your truck. I got caught up in the installation and forgot to take pics of the actual connections, sorry guys. As long as you follow the diagram its really easy.

I hope this helps you all wanting to do this, If you get stuck and have an issue shoot me a pm and I will be more than happy to help you.

Sorry I had to do this in three threads as you can only post five pics at a time.
Thanks for the write up. I did contact John, and he sent me the harnesses quickly. Just installed, and all work well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter