Amber parking Lights daytime fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd check your local laws before you go through the trouble of re-wiring. It is illegal to drive with just your parking lights here in CA.

V C Section 24800 Lighted Parking Lamps

I seriously doubt any officer would pull you over for just that section. If that were the case, nearly every late model Taco owner would be pulled over. Good citing of the law, tho. Thanks.

"This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity." - 1941

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

you are more than welcome to come hang out anytime. you are only an hour and a half from me.

im sure he will post pics soon

Once I get some stuff completed up here, I'll be sure to get some time to stop by. Within the next month for sure. I still wanna look into installing that compressor and train horn on AUX 1 or 2...

"This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity." - 1941

MB RAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone, somewhere in one of these threads got a $300 fine or some crazy number like that. That's why I bring it up.

I still use mine during the day. I never would have thought it was against the code...

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fix was just making it a habit. 2 clicks counter clockwise. Good enough til someone cooks up a new solution.

Mjburns78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with your dealer, I was told they can just change it on the computer

Nemesis

Reaction score
Mjburns78, you are partially correct. I requested my dealer change the computer to allow the DRL version for our trucks with Hids. They said no problem. I now have just the two outside parking lights / turn signals lit up. The 3 dot lights on the grill still don't come on unless I do it manually or at night automatically.

I really wish there was an easy fix for getting all parking lights to come on automatically as DRL with having to rewire stuff.