All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From Ford

For the first time, Raptor is available with either 35-inch or 37-inch tires – the largest factory-fitted to a production light-duty full-size pickup. These specially designed BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires offer maximum traction and handling. Wearing 35-inch tires, Raptor clears 12-inch obstacles with an approach angle of 31 degrees, maximum departure angle of 23.9 degrees and breakover angle of 22.7 degrees. Raptor with 37-inch tires features 13.1 inches of running clearance, 33.1 degrees of approach angle, a maximum 24.9 degrees of departure angle and 24.4 degrees of breakover angle. Desert runners and rock crawlers alike will appreciate the outstanding wheel travel with 35-inch tires, reaching 14 inches at the front and 15 inches at the rear – 25 percent more travel than the first-generation Raptor.

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TFL video was much more informative. Seems like a solid upgrade to me, I actually like the new interior with how it's done up and the truck doesn't look hugely different than the Gen 2 on the exterior. Upgrades shocks, suspension, and material quality.

Pretty much everything I wished this current truck had. Damnit! Looks like I'll have to trade this thing in, in a good 6 -10 months. Time to make sure my 2020 is in pristine condition and less than 15K kilometers for sale at the end of summer haha

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again, do you people read? The R has been confirmed off road use only. So you can stop waiting.

I did not say it was or wasn’t. And if so, Ford still wants to own off road. Now question is, was a power plant announced for the R? Could be anything. Why let the cat out of the bag now.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The all-new Raptor is equipped with a third-generation twin-turbo 3.5-liter EcoBoost® high-output engine delivering torque low in the rev range right where it counts. It features state-of-the-art turbos and 10.5:1 compression ratio as well as new high-power fans built into the cooling system to ensure intense off-roading sessions never end too early. With its standard 36-gallon capacity, Raptor has a projected EPA-estimated range of more than 500 miles on a full tank of gasƗ.

Customers will appreciate the added productivity provided by class-exclusive* Pro Power Onboard™, giving them the ability to use their truck as a mobile generator. Raptor can be ordered with an available 2.0 kilowatts of exportable output to run power tools, camp lights and other equipment, providing more exportable power than any light-duty full-size pickup competitor.

A new three-inch equal-length exhaust system features a patent-pending built-in X-pipe, unique “trombone loop” and first-for-Raptor active valves. The system takes advantage of a true pass-through muffler design that improves sound quality. Customers can configure four sound level modes – Quiet, Normal, Sport and Baja.

The Ford-built 10-speed automatic transmission upgraded with next-generation controls is bolted to an innovative torque-on-demand transfer case. A standard electronic locking rear differential and available TORSEN® front limited-slip differential are fitted with 4:10 final drive ratios. Maximum payload increases by 200 pounds, to 1,400 pounds, while maximum towing also increases 200 pounds, to 8,200 pounds of conventional towing.

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TFL video was much more informative. Seems like a solid upgrade to me, I actually like the new interior with how it's done up and the truck doesn't look hugely different than the Gen 2 on the exterior. Upgrades shocks, suspension, and material quality.

Pretty much everything I wished this current truck had. Damnit! Looks like I'll have to trade this thing in, in a good 6 -10 months. Time to make sure my 2020 is in pristine condition and less than 15K kilometers for sale at the end of summer haha

No kidding. I absolutely love the upgrades they did. Wanted a Hybrid system but oh well maybe in '22. My '20 has 3K on the clock right now. Might be looking at trading it in or selling it depending on how things go. So much for the Gen 2 values tanking with the release of the V8...lol.

Ford did right here. No fracturing the lineup, those who want a V8..might not even get it. Anyone stop to think that the Raptor R may just be a bonkers tuned 3.5 with non street legal components etc?

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow @ "While Ford says the Raptor R will arrive in 2022, it's not clear what model year the big brawler will carry, and one aspect of the truck will likely keep it off of many buyer's shopping lists: It won't be street legal. That's right, a Ford official has confirmed to Roadshow that this new truck will be so extreme that it's going to have to spend its entire life off-road or on private land."

I'd say that's an extreme niche of folks who want a Raptor R (100k+ probably) that they can't drive on the streets, I hope the above is BS

I don't believe for a minute that ..if.. there's a V8 it will be a non-titled vehicle. If someone wanted an off-road only truck they would be better served building one. Same with the non-titled CJ drag cars (not to be confused with the real 68.5 drag cars)

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Right now Ram is laughing it's ass off at Ford.

I love my Raptor, but the 2021 Raptor is a fail by Ford. Ford has known for years that Ram was bringing a Hellcat Ram to the fight, and Ford fell on their face. To not even offer a V8 was a solid flop.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Revolutionary as expected. 2022 for the V8 option R model.

The decals look better and all of the videos didn’t show a moonroof. Goodbye SuperCab Raptor, may you Rest In Peace.

BayRaptor925

Reaction score
Let's just pray the "R" will somehow still be street legal even though it's intended off road use will be noted. Anyone remember the '93 and '95 Cobra "R"s? They were stripped down basically off road use cars but were still able to be registered for street use. Probably wishful thinking but one can dream......f**k!! I'm still in for this Gen 3, too many little upgrades to pass on. I'll use my other cars for my HP fix.