All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a feeling I'm going to feel the hype and put down a deposit tomorrow on the V6TT. Once the hype settles down, then I'll start doing the math and decide whether it's smart to upgrade from Gen 2 to 3. Scratch that...there's no way it'll be the smart thing to do considering it's mostly a DD, but maybe I can come up with something that passes for logic in the decision. Chances are, I'll drop the reservation, but figure it will be fun for a whole.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question is...if the Gen 3 doesn’t have a V8 option, but will certainly outperform a Gen 2 and TRX in the suspension department (since the TRX really didn’t expand upon the capabilities of the Gen 2 suspension wise), will the V8 or bust folks still prefer a TRX over a Gen 3 just because of the exhaust note and or 1/4 mile times on pavement?
I would stick with the TRX if that was the case. Tomorrow will make my choice of what I buy.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That new suspension will be great. Solid design with the track bar nut having a tab to lock into the mount as most times those torque specs are 200-ish.

Aside from the engine, I whole-heartedly believe that the biggest news on this model will be ride improvement with the swap from leaf springs to coils. I’m interested in the Gen 3 just to see what happens, but so far that new rear end is the only change that has my attention.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Factory installed Rigid fogs? The other is? Just a mount for another Rigid set?

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m am curious to see if Ford will offer the 3.0-liter V6 hybrid powertrain from the Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring. It offers a healthy 630 pound-feet of torque and 494 horsepower. If so expect the Raptor to get close to 400 miles to a tank.

Last edited: