alarm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my new led lights today and was installing them in the dome lights, i already had the puddle lights done, and i hit the key fob to make sure they were in correctly and they were. Then i opened the door and the truck started making a weird beep and on the productivity screen it said to start the truck to prevent alarm! So i did. Anyone know how or why this happened??

AndyMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you were inside your truck when you locked it?

If so its how the factory alarm works. If the doors are opened while its locked it will basically set off the panic alarm (running lights blinking and horn honking) until you unlock it with the key fob.

OP
OP
svtraptor13

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah but then i tried it again pressed the lock button twice so it beeped then opened the door from the inside and it didn't do it.

Maybe i was just in the truck for an extended period of time and it was the perimeter alarm warning?

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if its auto started and doors opened afterwards without the key being inserted, it ill do that too. i started mine, got in, forgot something so i jumped out and ran into the house and it did the same thing while in the house. i think its the truck making sure it wasnt someone else who jumped in the truck and is trying to fiddle with it to steal it. im just spitballing that idea.

rob7765

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it also has a delay on it. You have to wait 30 seconds or so after arming it before it will engage.