GEN 2 alarm keeps going off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
car alarm has started going off randomly. it's our cat that likes to lay on it. anyways, it's been going off all day and night. the battery just died and i don't plan on fixing that until i have a plan of action. i was reading it could be the shock sensor, but i couldn't find info on how to adjust it.

is there a guide to adjust the sensitivity on it?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont think it would be a shock sensor. might be the proximity sensor. cat is probably close enough to the windshield its setting it off. you can set that off on the dash display and see if it still continues

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont think it would be a shock sensor. might be the proximity sensor. cat is probably close enough to the windshield its setting it off. you can set that off on the dash display and see if it still continues
will definitely have to try that then. just under general settings?

Bad battery? If you don't drive much, put a charger on it and see if it stops.
a bad battery can cause the alarm to go off? i haven't driven it much this past week. sat mostly there.

Michael91

Reaction score
I had this problem on my gen 1 and it was door sensor kept saying door was opening when it was locked so went round all the doors and sprayed WD 40 in all the locks and opened and closed them a few times and repeated this three times and checked hood sensor to be save and never had a problem since if this helps at all

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These trucks don’t come with a shock sensor, unless you add Fords optional shock module. I have and it’s sensitive when turned way up. Wish you could disable it when exiting the truck at times. Bad thunderstorms can set it off. Hate to turn it down to where it doesn’t detect much either

usurper

Reaction score
FordPass states what triggered the alarm. May be good to look to see if there was a trigger.

I’ve replaced my hood latch due to false triggers from that part