Air Conditioning - not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dthiss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was the Raptor Assault?? Is it worth it? My wife and I are doing the Mach 1 attack at Charlotte Motor Speedway in late August. Super excited.

My A/C hasn’t had anymore issues.
I really enjoyed it. We had an odd number of people so I got to go out by myself the whole time. If you have the opportunity do it.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they removed the TSB because replacing the evaporator housing wasn’t an effective repair in most cases. The system is efficient enough that the evaporator can reach freezing temperatures even during normal operation, and under certain conditions the EVAP temp sensor is not reactive or sensitive enough to prevent freezing from occurring. Replacing hardware is not going to change that, the issue is within the operating strategy.
so if u raised the temp a couple of degrees, would it help prevent freezing ?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so if u raised the temp a couple of degrees, would it help prevent freezing ?
Not directly, because the air flows through the evaporator before the heater core. However, if the system is on recirculate, the air being drawn across the evaporator will at least have less moisture in it.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not directly, because the air flows through the evaporator before the heater core. However, if the system is on recirculate, the air being drawn across the evaporator will at least have less moisture in it.
yes pro less moisture but on recirc the coil will run colder ,recirculating mode cools already existing cold air assuming the air has been on a while ,it would freeze faster ,so u r saying when not on recirc mode ,the outdoor air being drawn in will not raise coil temp ,because its post evaporator ? another cheat would be to add more freon raising the head pressure and suction pressure ,but that can damage other stuff if a rookie does it

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they removed the TSB because replacing the evaporator housing wasn’t an effective repair in most cases. The system is efficient enough that the evaporator can reach freezing temperatures even during normal operation, and under certain conditions the EVAP temp sensor is not reactive or sensitive enough to prevent freezing from occurring. Replacing hardware is not going to change that, the issue is within the operating strategy.
does the switch cut out the compressor when it opens? ,if one could find the wires for that switch ,u could pro run your own freeze stat and tie it to the suction line .

Xobe

Reaction score
Replied to a few people about this.
In Dallas, TX - was driving one day and A/C went out. Same symptoms - blower you can hear go up and down, but nothing out of the vents. Was about 100 in the cab.
Planet Ford Dallas diagnosed - hole in AC coil. Took 2-3 weeks to replace - part was B/O.
Bidens America…
This started with Obama *****

Dubbs88

Reaction score
i have an appointment with dealer in two weeks and I was going to have them repair based on tsb. Sucks to hear that’s not the fix. I thought the TSB included replacing the temp sensor and a lot of people reported back saying the TSB resolved their issue? i took my truck in last summer and had the service rep agreed to fix according to TSB but convinced me to try removing some Freon first which obviously didn’t work.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an appointment with dealer in two weeks and I was going to have them repair based on tsb. Sucks to hear that’s not the fix. I thought the TSB included replacing the temp sensor and a lot of people reported back saying the TSB resolved their issue? i took my truck in last summer and had the service rep agreed to fix according to TSB but convinced me to try removing some Freon first which obviously didn’t work.
removing freon especially a small amount would cause it o freeze more rapidly