Aftermarket Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you will enjoy the brakes like I said before I have the R1’s on my Raptor but just put Powerstop Drilled and Slotted on the wife’s Buick Enclave and yes stop great but the braided brake lines on my Raptor make a huge difference with pedal response it’s worth the time and money if your thinking about doing it. Looks great!

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
think as your rotors are spinning. the slots start at the inside and go out. i believe that is backwards. should start from the outside to in

Actually you're both right depending on manufacturer. If the internal fins are swept they matter most. Some are, and some are not. Way back when, some of them claimed one way or the other was better for this or that reason IIRC. Just have to follow the individual manufacturers specified direction.

NM_Life_Defender

Reaction score
Cost was just over $1,300 with the R1 rotors and pads, braided brake lines, brake flush and I also did new brake pad clips from R1.
Revisiting an old post here - consider me a brake dummy.

Could you advise why the braided brake lines make a difference in pedal feel? I'm looking at this exact upgrade for my 2019. Thanks!

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Revisiting an old post here - consider me a brake dummy.

Could you advise why the braided brake lines make a difference in pedal feel? I'm looking at this exact upgrade for my 2019. Thanks!
The braided brake lines keep the line from bulging slightly when pedal is pressed. Stock lines flex or bulge slightly when pressed due to the hydraulic pressure applied with the braided lines they don’t flex or bulge nearly as much as the stock lines.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes braided lines make a huge difference.
<== have on this car

NM_Life_Defender

Reaction score
The braided brake lines keep the line from bulging slightly when pedal is pressed. Stock lines flex or bulge slightly when pressed due to the hydraulic pressure applied with the braided lines they don’t flex or bulge nearly as much as the stock lines.
Thank you very much. Quite helpful.