aftermarket camera to nav.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

windsor

Reaction score
Hey, guys. I'm trying to help out a neighbor. He has a 2010 F150 with factory navigation. He wants to add a backup camera to display into the factory navigation. Has anybody done this? What parts do I need? What system would work best? Sorry if I missed the post on this already. Thanks.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It didn't look too bad using a Lockpick.

I don't know much about it, other than what their website says. nosbusa can definitely help you out more than me.

A small note I just noticed, they have a Sync Lockpick and a MyTouch Lockpick. The Sync one lists 2010 through 2012 Raptors, but I think 2012 has the MyTouch. If you order one, make sure you confirm what you have and what you need with someone.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the question is, how much do you want to spend? jondle is right about aftermarket parts to make it work, but you are going to be in the hundereds of dollars. if you dont want to spend that kind of money there are wires to test at the radio, but this would require the knowledge of the radio pin diagram and relays

OP
OP
windsor

windsor

Reaction score
I can find wiring diagrams. I'm just looking for a plug and play type of system. Thanks for the info. I will look in to the lock picks. thanks again for the info.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can find wiring diagrams. I'm just looking for a plug and play type of system. Thanks for the info. I will look in to the lock picks. thanks again for the info.
there really is no plug and play system. you still have to tap into the reverse wire, power and ground. the video will plug into the lockpick or nav-tv piece.

ignition wire - white/orange at the ignition switch. grey 10 pin plug pin 1
reverse wire - grey/brown at the battery junction box. located in the engine compartment behind radiator at the reverse light relay. also you can find a blue (+) wire in the passenger kick panel going to the back if the vehicle has auto dimming interior mirror.
hope it helps