Advice on some common 21' issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm I had some issues fixed by the dealer. Wastegate & turbo had to be replaced. It took about 7 business days to get everything done, but it felt like forever. Like you my Raptor is Cert. Gold and also that means you will get a loaner from the avis or what ever rental that is in that ford dealer, let your service rep. know.

My best advice is to try to get a good service rep and always have him rep your Raptor. My service rep. was pretty good and went the extra mile to always inform me after I treated him with kindness (i got him starbucks). Being this my first Ford and Ford service is a whole lot different than my MB / BMW service center, so I think the Service Rep at Ford do appreciate a some kindness and hopefully go the extra mile for you in getting your Raptor repaired in a timely manner.

OP
OP
Kronos2300

Kronos2300

Reaction score
hmm I had some issues fixed by the dealer. Wastegate & turbo had to be replaced. It took about 7 business days to get everything done, but it felt like forever. Like you my Raptor is Cert. Gold and also that means you will get a loaner from the avis or what ever rental that is in that ford dealer, let your service rep. know.

My best advice is to try to get a good service rep and always have him rep your Raptor. My service rep. was pretty good and went the extra mile to always inform me after I treated him with kindness (i got him starbucks). Being this my first Ford and Ford service is a whole lot different than my MB / BMW service center, so I think the Service Rep at Ford do appreciate a some kindness and hopefully go the extra mile for you in getting your Raptor repaired in a timely manner.
Thank you for your input! I 100% agree with that method; we're all humans after all. The dealership I’m scheduled to take my Raptor to next month had good reviews of a specific service rep; so I booked with her in hopes that I can get a good rep I can go to moving forward.

I’d like to think I’m a pretty understanding person since I’ve done customer service in the past and know how hard it is, so my plan is to be as nice as possible from the beginning so that they can work on my truck with more dedication. Might have to hold the Starbucks for the next visit until I know what she prefers (if she even likes coffee lol).

My issue has always been the lack of communication from previous dealerships (at least while I owned my Ram). I don’t care if it takes a week or almost a month, I just care that I’m notified throughout the process so that I at least know what’s going on, you know?

I’ve read horror stories from this forum already, so I’m hoping I get lucky like you and others and find someone that actually cares.

Jpro39

Reaction score
I thought Fox was a reputable shock maker? I know they make excellent shocks for off road vehicles like ATVs and dirt bikes. How can their be issues with these?

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought Fox was a reputable shock maker? I know they make excellent shocks for off road vehicles like ATVs and dirt bikes. How can their be issues with these?
Fox manufacturing to OEMs means cost cutting to the 1000th degree. IMHO it’s why King is happy where they as a smaller business.

OP
OP
Kronos2300

Kronos2300

Reaction score
What @Raptorbert said above. Having to make so many shocks for a mass-produced vehicle is bound to have some corners cut, especially in the QA department.

Just sucks that the process to get them replaced doesn’t seem as straight forward as one would expect.

By all means, the shocks are doing their job and I’m sure they would still be amazing off-road, but on the normal day-to-day is when the little (but annoying) flaws seem to come up.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had both rears changed and the truck took on a whole new personality. That sudden bump was closing off valving and making them stiff. I noticed this on our long driveway. I have elevation changes and turns and turns with elevation changes. It’s much more planted after the shock change. I can probably drive twice as fast after the change.

Jpro39

Reaction score
That’s unfortunate you’d think Fox would build the same shocks. Hopefully they sort that out before the ‘24s arrive.

CKSIX

Reaction score
On my 22 raptor, I had to have all four shocks replaced ( waited 6 months) rear window vibrates when open, door speakers vibrate, twin panel roof rattles, transmission is supper jerky, and over all fit and finish is sub par for an 83k dollar truck. Truck was starting to have a rough idle on certain start ups and a hissing noise heard inside / outside under a load.
Super sad when you have a fully loaded raptor, even with the Recaro seats,(which are amazing)that the truck had so many issues. Long-term I don’t think this is a truck that will last . Went back to an HD. Good Luck.