Advice on removing front exhuast band clamp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CNAIMO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice on how to remove the exhaust clamp closest to the front manifold.

Looking to replace factory exhaust with a aftermarket one. 386511.jpg

Ford put the 2 nuts on the top of the clamp facing the floor pan. And of course they are a rusty mess?

sparkee13

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on how to remove the exhaust clamp closest to the front manifold.

Looking to replace factory exhaust with a aftermarket one. View attachment 134463

Ford put the 2 nuts on the top of the clamp facing the floor pan. And of course they are a rusty mess?
Yup that one clamp is a pita, everything else is easy. I was able to get a ratchet up there, then hit on the handle with a hammer until I was able to break it loose. Like an idiot I put it back the same way! I only realized as I was finishing up on my exhaust, but I wasn't interested in taking it all apart again...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PB Blaster and just like Sparkee said it is possible to get a ratchet up there and bang it loose

Nemikon

Reaction score
I constantly had some kind of stories with clamps. Probably not a single person managed to break its parts as often as I did. The most offensive thing is that from time to time I did all the little things with the installation of the clamp myself, but then I had to disassemble it with the help of neighbors. For obvious reasons, I'm still more worried about the car than about the tools. It's even funny. In the end, I was lucky to find a durable clamp to secure the components, but every time I need to disconnect them, I ask someone to supervise the process. I'm tired of breaking everything that falls into my hands. With each technical breakdown, I feel more and more how expensive my car becomes, depending on the cost of the next repair.

Last edited: