GEN 2 ADD Pro bumper + Full Race intercooler install issues. Any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running the ADD Pro bumper with the v1 Full Race or the ADD/AFE intercooler? Someone that could possibly get me a couple pics of their intercooler ducting? Trying to get this squared away with ADD and Full Race so no one else has this issue.

To Full Race's defense I don't think this is on them anymore. They say they have never changed anything with the intercooler or mounting other than the new cast end tanks on the v2 intercooler but that doesn't change the mounting dimensions or ducting.

It appears there was a change on ADD's end at some point which is why they're selling new brackets now. Honestly I don't see how this kit ever fit to begin with, hoping to find someone else running this combo and see how their setup went together.

advlife

Reaction score
Hey guys
Just a heads up once you relocate your ACC sensor to the new ADD bracket location there is a good possibility that you will have to recalibrate it.. you will know pretty quickly if this is required.. then it's a trip to the dealer and HOPEFULLY they will work on a truck with aftermarket parts.. then they have to remove the grill again and go through the calibration process which requires the FORD program to perform the calibration.. I've had mine back three times to the dealer as it will go inop after about a 100 miles .. then ZERO cruz control either adaptive or standard cruz .. good luck!

scantone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running the ADD Pro bumper with the v1 Full Race or the ADD/AFE intercooler? Someone that could possibly get me a couple pics of their intercooler ducting? Trying to get this squared away with ADD and Full Race so no one else has this issue.

To Full Race's defense I don't think this is on them anymore. They say they have never changed anything with the intercooler or mounting other than the new cast end tanks on the v2 intercooler but that doesn't change the mounting dimensions or ducting.

It appears there was a change on ADD's end at some point which is why they're selling new brackets now. Honestly I don't see how this kit ever fit to begin with, hoping to find someone else running this combo and see how their setup went together.

It's still on Full Race as I told them a month ago it did not work with the ADD Pro Front Bumper. ADD use to sell the Full Race Kit, I think ADD knew it did not work and why they have different mounts.
The Full Race Intercooler Bracket is a 1-1/2" too low. Sucks for the end user like us either way

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's still on Full Race as I told them a month ago it did not work with the ADD Pro Front Bumper. ADD use to sell the Full Race Kit, I think ADD knew it did not work and why they have different mounts.
The Full Race Intercooler Bracket is a 1-1/2" too low. Sucks for the end user like us either way

Yeah it does suck. It's not mentioned anywhere. It's not mentioned on any site that you need to acquire this other mount to make it fit. It's annoying because I ordered this as a package deal and there were several fitment issues. It's not like I just bought some random jumble of parts and expected them to fit, they were designed to work together. If Full Race wanted to have 100% compatibility they would update their mount to sit 1.5" higher but I guess that's not a priority for them.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full Race V2 intercooler here with ADD Pro bumper on a '17. I later swapped out one piece of Full Race piping for the similar ADD pipe from their AFE kit in order to keep my factory eBOV tucked up "behind" the skip plate.

I recalibrated the ACC with ForSCAN, but it still works like crap IMO. So I gave up on it and just run old school (non-adaptive) cruise control now.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The issue is the 2019 trucks have a little sensor arm that connects to the UCAs to monitor where in the travel you are. The Icon UCAs don't have provisions to mount the sensor arm so it would mess with the live valve system. Yeah I called them, they just confirmed that it doesn't have provisions for the sensor arm and said they were working on something but didn't know when it would be ready. @DezertRacer

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can I assume that if you have ACC then an aftermarket bumper would pretty much negate it? BTW ... I have a 2019 and the stop and go function works really well.

I recalibrated the ACC with ForSCAN, but it still works like crap IMO. So I gave up on it and just run old school (non-adaptive) cruise control now.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the bumpers or intercooler relocation kits include an ACC module relocation bracket as well. But apparently 50/50 chance that you'll have to get it recalibrated either at the dealer or yourself if you have Forscan. I haven't made it that far yet but the 2019 has a new ACC module so the older relocation brackets won't work with them. ADD already has a new bracket for the 2019, it's on its way to me now.