GEN 2 ADD Pro bumper + Full Race intercooler install issues. Any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, curious if anyone has installed the ADD Pro bumper with the Full Race v2 intercooler. Note this is v2, not the original one ADD used to sell.

https://www.full-race.com/store/eco...oost-freakoboost-intercooler-cac-upgrade-kit/

I'm in the middle of installing it now and running into some fitment issues. The ADD Pro bumper contacts the piping on both sides of the intercooler and leaves no room at all to install the piping. Has anyone else run into this? I don't think ADD has changed the Pro bumper since release but obviously Full Race has made a new version of the intercooler and possibly changed dimensions? Any input greatly appreciated.

I'll attach some photos in a sec.

94254cca464d69cb78712aea3bd12326.jpg
40ccab3e4096f03342b5188f5d5f0445.jpg
00116deea85a83244d515f499ae01045.jpg
fe8003c66f07a5004b6d00eef34453bd.jpg

scantone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes had the same problem you need to buy the intercooler bracket from ADD. I cant beleive full race is pulling this!

scantone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told them about this issue a month ago and they acted like it's never happend before.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told them about this issue a month ago and they acted like it's never happend before.

Thanks for the quick reply man. Yeah I talked to Full Race twice and there was no mention of this issue.

So it's this/these that are causing the issue? (circled in image)

What did you end up doing in the end? Did Full Race do anything for you?

Oh yeah, the adaptive cruise control bracket is incorrect for my truck too, so I was planning on calling them first thing tomorrow anyway about that.

{184A4FFD-02BD-44E6-B2DF-145A24FCC957}.png

scantone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the bracket you need its for sale on ADDs site with the ACC bracket needed. They did nothing about it and honestly I was planning on purchasing other items but not anymore.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the bracket you need its for sale on ADDs site with the ACC bracket needed. They did nothing about it and honestly I was planning on purchasing other items but not anymore.

That's lame to hear. I had a similar issue with my Icon UCAs not fitting/working with the 2019 despite being listed as working with the 2019 and my dealer took care of me. I'm sure they will do the same for the intercooler if I have to. I won't spend more money on a bracket when Full Race told me this would work with my setup/bumper. I'll just send it back and get ADDs intercooler instead.

Thanks for the quick reply man, very helpful info.

I was planning on buying the trans oil cooler and radiator from Full Race also but that depends on how they handle this issue.

Last edited:

scantone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck man, I needed my truck back together asap so did what I had to do.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck man, I needed my truck back together asap so did what I had to do.

Same here, my truck has been on the lift for over a week now since they forgot my BOV at first, then overnighted me one and it turned out to be the wrong one, now overnighted another getting here tomorrow. Now I have the wrong ACC bracket and intercooler mount as well. Looking like another week on the lift...

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, my truck has been on the lift for over a week now since they forgot my BOV at first, then overnighted me one and it turned out to be the wrong one, now overnighted another getting here tomorrow. Now I have the wrong ACC bracket and intercooler mount as well. Looking like another week on the lift...

damn....... no offense, but it's kinda nice knowing i'm not the only one that ALWAYS HAS BAD LUCK lol