GEN 2 Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aventador22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How exactly do we do the re-calibration via FORSCAN? I did the usual FORSCAN updates so I'm fairly familiar with the software. Just need to know where to look.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How exactly do we do the re-calibration via FORSCAN? I did the usual FORSCAN updates so I'm fairly familiar with the software. Just need to know where to look.

Sorry this isn’t more helpful, but look in the tools under the wrench icon in the FORScan app.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Tactical Sommelier Do I need to realign my ACC sensor or can I just hook it up and have it laying zip tied up? I don't care to use the Adaptive Cruise Control, just standard cruise control and the lane departure feature. Since I unhooked the whole sensor I don't have any of those features working now...

Where do you adjust the ACC (calibrate it) in Forscan?

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's my experience so far with ACC.

My truck had about 300 miles on it when i took it out for a Raptor day at Texas Motorplex on their 12 miles course. I jumped in a few times but one jump it landed nose down. Felt real bad and was shocked but lucky the airbags didn't go off.

As you can imagine the ACC freaked out and didn't work any longer. I brought it to the dealer this week with 1300 miles to fix it. They had it for days and told me it would need a new $1200 bracket and $300 sensor (round numbers). I said no thanks and asked about just removing it or coding it out and they said neither was an option. I asked for my key and walked out.

When i get in the truck there were the normal errors about ACC not working but there was a new error that had no OK box and i couldn't even use the menu. Went back inside to complain and they had another tech come look. Waited another hour and he returned after a 30 miles trip and said it was all back to normal and to turn it off if i wanted. I turned off the ACC and collision avoidance.

On my way home i realized these jackasses were going to sell me a piece of metal and sensor for no damn reason when it just needed to be re-calibrated. I hate dealers.

Same day update: drove it a bit more today and the errors are back and no cruise again. Guess i'll try another dealer.

Last edited:

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My truck had about 300 miles on it when i took it out for a Raptor day at Texas Motorplex on their 12 miles course. I jumped in a few times but one jump it landed nose down. Felt real bad and was shocked but lucky the airbags didn't go off.

As you can imagine the ACC freaked out and didn't work any longer. I brought it to the dealer this week with 1300 miles to fix it. They had it for days and told me it would need a new $1200 bracket and $300 sensor (round numbers). I said no thanks and asked about just removing it or coding it out and they said neither was an option. I asked for my key and walked out.

When i get in the truck there were the normal errors about ACC not working but there was a new error that had no OK box and i couldn't even use the menu. Went back inside to complain and they had another tech come look. Waited another hour and he returned after a 30 miles trip and said it was all back to normal and to turn it off if i wanted. I turned off the ACC and collision avoidance.

On my way home i realized these jackasses were going to sell me a piece of metal and sensor for no damn reason when it just needed to be re-calibrated. I hate dealers.

Same day update: drove it a bit more today and the errors are back and no cruise again. Guess i'll try another dealer.

Surprised they wouldn’t warranty the work? Any reason they refused to cover the cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tactical Sommelier

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hey there,
When that happened to me I used Forscan and recalibrated the ACC system. When the recalibration was complete I immediately turned off the Collision Alarm system and ACC. I have not had any issues sice I did this and I can use regular cruise control with no issues, on long trips I have got a collision alarm warning saying the sensor is blocked but that obly happens on 10+ hour drives, otherwise zero issues!

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprised they wouldn’t warranty the work? Any reason they refused to cover the cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Said I abused it. Truck has 1300 miles and looks it. I got a bracket from TMX and am going to swap them.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there,
When that happened to me I used Forscan and recalibrated the ACC system. When the recalibration was complete I immediately turned off the Collision Alarm system and ACC. I have not had any issues sice I did this and I can use regular cruise control with no issues, on long trips I have got a collision alarm warning saying the sensor is blocked but that obly happens on 10+ hour drives, otherwise zero issues!

I turned both off during a 20 min window when the system was working but I’m now getting errors and no cruise at all.