GEN 2 Adaptive Cruise Control Question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fellow Raptor owners, recently I've been doing more highway driving with my 2018 Raptor and finally started using the adaptive cruise control. It's a fantastic system, and works very well. I can set it at 78mph and it just sails along.

QUESTION: I had a car pull in front of me (abruptly - from the slow lane) going slower so the adaptive cruise braked the truck perfectly, however the car behind me seemed to have been startled by the braking...do our brake lights come on when adaptive cruise applies the brakes? They must right?

Moridin

Reaction score
Thinking of the liability issues if they didn't come on almost boggles my mind.

Typr04

Reaction score
Guy behind you was probably on their phone and tailgating anyway. Don’t follow too closely if you can’t adjust appropriately. F them.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen or read that they do but they must.

Modern motorbikes flash the rear brake when you let off the throttle - as a way to warn the person behind you that you're slowing down

The problem with ACC and left-lane culture here is that the minimum distance is still too far
So at that distance, the guy hogging the lane won't move over
Apparently I'm either not serious or I'm still far off
But the raptor simply maintains that distance

Same with my other cars
Have to turn them off

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The lights come on, but the system has no way to anticipate as we humans do. We can typically tell via "body language" when a vehicle is going to come into our lanes, and that's assuming they don't even use a blinker. If they do use it, then it's even easier and we start slowing down well before the car is directly in front of the sensor. The adaptive cruse on the other hand won't slow down until the moment your set following distance is encroached upon and sometimes that requires a rather abrupt application of the brake.

Big Smitty

Reaction score
I had a car pull in front of me on the interstate and the truck sensed a frontal collision and the cruise slammed on the brakes to get the distance almost causing me to get rear ended.