GEN 1 About to spend 1500 on rebuilt shocks, need advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rebuilding seems to be hit or miss so went through RockAuto for all four new, will keep the old ones and rebuild at my leisure.

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2013 i had a squeak that drove my nuts for months. Lubed everything from exhaust rubber mounts to leaf springs. finally had my wife drive it while I laid in the bed (agreeably not one of my better ideas) to see where it was coming from. The tailgate latch on the right side!!!!!! about every other month I had to spray it with some lube and it would go away.

I didn't ride in the bed but I had this exact same problem and I only found it out by accident!

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rebuilding seems to be hit or miss so went through RockAuto for all four new, will keep the old ones and rebuild at my leisure.

That is what I did aswell.

Do you all have the part numbers? After sending a set to a vendor here and FedEx "Lost" them..Im out $350 so far. Im just going to buy new.

The rock auto site sucks. It shows the Fox shocks for extended cab not sure if they are different for super crew.

Thanks in advance

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you all have the part numbers? After sending a set to a vendor here and FedEx "Lost" them..Im out $350 so far. Im just going to buy new.

The rock auto site sucks. It shows the Fox shocks for extended cab not sure if they are different for super crew.

Thanks in advance

Rockauto aggregates lsiting from multipler suppliers, so you'll often see the part listed a bunch of different ways.

Supercrews and Supercabs do have different shocks.

I'd suggest putting your VIN into a Ford dealer parts site like Tasca, then look up what you need. Add to cart and you'll have the right part number.

I've seen two versions of the part numbers for the shocks as well. One is a ASH number, the other is the typical Ford BL3Z-..... number. I think the ASH-##### shocks are just are re-branded Motorcraft parts vs the Ford branded part.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rockauto aggregates lsiting from multipler suppliers, so you'll often see the part listed a bunch of different ways.

Supercrews and Supercabs do have different shocks.
I'd suggest putting your VIN into a Ford dealer parts site like Tasca, then look up what you need. Add to cart and you'll have the right part number.

I've seen two versions of the part numbers for the shocks as well. One is a ASH number, the other is the typical Ford BL3Z-..... number. I think the ASH-##### shocks are just are re-branded Motorcraft parts vs the Ford branded part.

I took the part numbers from earlier in the thread and searched on Rockauto. Fronts are in stock, rear aren’t. Found them for about $1450 on another site. Not sure if they are in stock though. Seems like a better option than the rebuild.