A pillar question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any model '12-'13 trucks that don't have the tweeters in the A Pillar? I want to make custom mounts for my aftermarket tweeters, but i don't want to go through the trouble of removing the existing pods and then moving them to a new location. The existing pods won't fit my speakers, and i don't like their orientation.

Thanks

Fred

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not sure that they are available without them. on the newer f150's even without nav, i see tweeters there. i could be wrong though, its just what i have seen come in through my door.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I thought the tweeters only came with the "upgraded" Sony system? At least for '10 I'm pretty sure that was the deal. I know the order codes and packages have changed. Maybe I'm wrong. It's been 31 years of always being right so I know I'm due...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know prior to 09 there were pillars with no tweeters, but i have seen a lot of car companies go to a component front speaker setup, even without amplification. but like i said, thats just what comes through my door. maybe someone who didnt order the 801a or the audio system (for previous years) can have a say.

OP
OP
Chayse

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Anything from an F150 that will fit the same will work. Maybe from an XL or STX model. I just don't want to have to shave off the existing pod, only to put another one in somewhere else.