A Pillar Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Two complaints I had with the mounts was; they were really close to the back edge of my hood and I had to loosen and tighten one bolt at a time a few times to get the mounts fully seated.

yeah, me too.

Hindsight I would of given the slots a very small radius at the ends to help slide onto my hood easier.

I ended up doing similar, as I could not get comfortable with the hard part next to the hood. A little grinding gave better clearance.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Don't think those would be legal in backwards PA.

Yeah, most of the puritanical former colonies have a longer history of making laws and taking freedom. You may be able to run them with covers on. I ran mine in VA for years. Cops are significantly demotivated from making that a thing because at least there it’s an equipment violation, gets the state or locality no money whatsoever, requires court time if you contest or even show up to plead guilty, and unless you’re abusing them, you’re not hurting anyone. s

David Nelson

Reaction score
Anybody use a ZRoadZ set. Have a set they attached to the hood. Just have not mounted them yet. They are heavy duty, got a set of side shooter light pods. Had a set of dual side(lights both sides) shooters but decided that the lights might blind me. I may use the dual ones on my cab protector with a 30" curved bar.

ChinookDriverJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the BD XL80 ambers and am waiting on my SDHQ mounts. Seems like this is the way to go. Fits with a stubby and is a super easy install (I’m told)

JT_AZ

Reaction score
Looks good! I have the SDHQ mounts in my garage waiting for me to install. I went with the Squadrons though. Hope I don't regret not going with the XL80s.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody use a ZRoadZ set. Have a set they attached to the hood. Just have not mounted them yet. They are heavy duty, got a set of side shooter light pods. Had a set of dual side(lights both sides) shooters but decided that the lights might blind me. I may use the dual ones on my cab protector with a 30" curved bar.

The Z-Roads mounts are nice. They're plenty sturdy and work well. We've sold quite a few of them with nothing but positive feedback.

Looks good! I have the SDHQ mounts in my garage waiting for me to install. I went with the Squadrons though. Hope I don't regret not going with the XL80s.

The Squadrons are great lights. If you're needing an absolute ton of light, the XL80's seem to really be the standard for Raptor a-pillar lights. As far as install goes on the SDHQ mounts, they're not too bad. SDHQ provides good instructions and there's even a few installation videos floating around youtube which detail the process.

JT_AZ

Reaction score
The Squadrons are great lights. If you're needing an absolute ton of light, the XL80's seem to really be the standard for Raptor a-pillar lights. As far as install goes on the SDHQ mounts, they're not too bad. SDHQ provides good instructions and there's even a few installation videos floating around youtube which detail the process.

Thanks for the info, yeah I've watched a video or 2 on it. Looks pretty strait forward hopefully make some time for the install soon. I'll have to test out the light output and upgrade if needed. Lol.

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the RPG mounts and the Rigid D2's, happy with the lights but the mounts were not easy to install. Out of the box the mounts were touching the inside of both fenders. It was a few hours of grinding and very light bending to get them to fit with enough clearance. I would definitely recommend other mounts.

i-H2D4zJH-M.jpg

i-NcpW9p4-M.jpg

i-sTN5z68-M.jpg

i-WCX9jqG-M.jpg

i-gPk8f3b-M.jpg

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some mention that you can't fit "larger" lights on SDHQ but I managed to squeeze Rigid DX-L Pro's on mine with them. Sure it's touching the stubby antenna on the passenger side but both sides also clear wiper blades just fine. I have the driving ones which put out 19,000 Lumens between the two since I have Rigid Radiance Scene lights in the fog light openings below.

IMG_0785.jpg