A little Sad and a little happy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is just a lot of scary stuff that people talk about with regard to engine problems. Your chances are much greater on the gen 2 versus gen 1. If you have to have a new one, lease it. You don't want to be on the hook with one of these.
Do you own a gen 2? Your statement seems very biased.
Most people I see with raptors don't complain about the engine.
The only knock they notice is the no V8 (sound).
Even Toyota Tundra has its share of lemons

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAD 14 AND BOUGHT 17 LOVE THEM BOTH.17 MUCH NICER.JUST TRADED 14 IN ON 18 JL RUBICON

Wileecoyote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '11 Gen 1 will go up for sale when the '19 Gen 2 arrives - hopefully the end of next month.
It will be a sad day when it leaves the driveway - I'll miss it - no doubt; lots of good times - but it is a 7 year old, 85K mile truck with outdated tech; (Sync, comfort, etc. - the engine is timeless...) so it's time for an update.

Based on my research the Gen 2 will take it's place in the driveway quite well.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Kid Icarus is a well known troll who has had numerous accounts banned but keeps coming back to **** with gen 2 eco boost owners. His original account was sanquach sonthing hence the squached comment. Look him up on the fourm and you’ll see....

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Kid Icarus is a well known troll who has had numerous accounts banned but keeps coming back to **** with gen 2 eco boost owners. His original account was sanquach sonthing hence the squached comment. Look him up on the fourm and you’ll see....

You mean look “her” up

OP
OP
K

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I drove 50 miles in the worst rain ever to the dealership today and 50 miles home in the same stuff in the new truck so I think I have at least a basic understanding of the driving differences in bad weather. The 2014-80K miles and shocks need some love. Manhole covers feel like the grand canyon and rattle fillings. Engine sounds and feels as good as it did the day I bought it. Sadly, NE salt is lining up problems down the road. I am bummed to say goodbye but it is my daily driver and I have kids who are playing travel sports so I dont have the time for a hobby and a personal investment to rebuild. Also out of warranty as Ford never called me to extend.

New truck-feels more generic-not in a bad way but stiff, tight, quiet and lots of little things that are meaningful-tech, heated steering wheel, better phone integration, moonroof etc. In my view, the 2018 is better in every way than my 2014 except the motor so far....Dealer has an issue to work through with me-not naming names but they need to make somethng right that popped up. Moved my Method NVs from my 2014 onto my new truck.

Now I need to figure out suspension want to level-collars-tbd, lights, etc. Bak Flip Revolver 4 goes on tomorrow.

Oh yeah and Led Foot is the best raptor color to date....