A little Sad and a little happy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would back out if you could. Not enough proven history on whether the ecoboost is up to ***** in these yet. Keep your gen 1 and enjoy being able to drive it every day.
Sorry but totally dont get this but I love my Gen 1 so would like to know more. I have an out of warranty truck with 80k on it with NE Salt, etc and got what sounds like a good number on both sides of the deal. why not get a new truck?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No clue what this means....

Kid Icarus is widely suspected to be yet another alias of a troll we've had on here for a couple years. Sasquatch was one alias, MGD was another, there's several more that are slipping my mind. All he does is post unsubstantiated BS about the Gen 2 Raptors. Pay no attention to him, no one else does.

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turning in my Gen 1 tomorrow for a Gen 2. Absolutely have loved my truck- 80k no real problems and tons of great memories. Sitting here having a beer looking at my truck and all of the great times our family has had with it. Still think the Gen 1 looks better but am hoping that I have not made a mistake in moving on to a new one.....Anyone else trade in a Gen 1 and get a little sappy before trading it in? Love your Gen 2?
You are doing the right thing mate. You won't regret it. We might have to wait for 2-3 years b4 we see another V8. Don't even think ford wants to go back to it. TRX will make them do it!

SnowDawg

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if the TRX forces Ford's hand to consider bringing back a V8. I mean, I get like 11-13 MPG on very moderate driving, it's not like anyone is buying the "eco" part anymore. Nor do I even care.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
My first truck was a 1978 F-150 300 6 cylinder...All day long we could wear out those 351 8 cylinders on the beach or in the mud. These Gen 2 trucks with these H O sixes are gonna be just fine. Look at these 3 cylinder tractors. Its not the number of cylinders that makes it.... Its like a 20 gauge and a 12 gauge shot gun. If you know how to shoot, who needs a 12 gauge.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
My Gen II has been a great truck, but to be honest I do miss the V8 in my old Ram just a bit. The new Ram 1500's are really nice, transmissions are better etc. Looking forward to seeing what the 426 TR and was Hellcat TRX is all about. By the time they're out I'll be ready to trade. We'll see what Ford has at that time as well.

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but totally dont get this but I love my Gen 1 so would like to know more. I have an out of warranty truck with 80k on it with NE Salt, etc and got what sounds like a good number on both sides of the deal. why not get a new truck?

There is just a lot of scary stuff that people talk about with regard to engine problems. Your chances are much greater on the gen 2 versus gen 1. If you have to have a new one, lease it. You don't want to be on the hook with one of these.

jerkstore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a 2010 6.2, loved that truck. Sold it a while back for almost what I paid for it. Took the plunge on a 2017 over a year ago. No issues with my Gen 2 and the only thing I really miss about the 2010 is the sound and maybe the sticker price. The jump in sticker price was huge.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had a 2010 6.2, loved that truck. Sold it a while back for almost what I paid for it. Took the plunge on a 2017 over a year ago. No issues with my Gen 2 and the only thing I really miss about the 2010 is the sound and maybe the sticker price. The jump in sticker price was huge.

Sadly a majority of that jump is all due to yearly inflation. Sale prices follow it, but wages don't :/