A few questions... Price & MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a prius if you care about mileage not a 6000lb truck with a big block an 411hp

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read on this 1 or maybe an does a nother forum, that a guy with an ecoboost lifted his truck and put have your tires on like 33s, and was only getting 16.5 mpg

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a point of comparison, the '09 Ram with the 5.7 is rated for 13/18. PickupTrucks.com reviewed a Ram Runner and reported that their average mileage was 12-13 - the same as the Raptor. Adding rotating weight and adding frontal area will kill mileage regardless of the vehicle. I bet an eco-boost in the Raptor would improve the mileage, but hoping for 20 mpg @ 70mph is a pipe dream for this truck.

Yep, just shows that the crappy mpg dodge gets slightly crappier mpg when lifted with bigger tires, only as expected. I don't think 20 mpg highway would be unrealistic for a truck like this. Certainly not out of any of the current powertrains, but some creative mix between whats out there. A larger variant of the ecoboost would have the potential to get pretty darn close.

Buy a prius if you care about mileage not a 6000lb truck with a big block an 411hp

Hello village idiot, welcome to FRF :birgits_tiredcoffee Apparently you don't have the mental capacity to understand why someone would care about half decent mileage and want a truck and a prius being on the total opposite end of the spectrum in every way shape and form. Next time around, a semi-intelligent answer would have been "buy an ecoboost f-150 if you care about mileage" which would still retain all the versatility of a truck. Since you could care absolutely less about fuel economy, how about you send me 50% of all the money you spend on gas, and just pretend you get 6 mpg instead of 12. I mean you don't care at all if you got 6 or 12 for that matter, otherwise you'd drive a prius right?

Okay sorry maybe I shouldn't be so hard off on your 1st response on this side discussion, but really, you may as well suggested riding a bicycle, it would have been as equally of worthless of a response, so I had no choice but to razz you a bit :waytogo: no harm intended lol

I read on this 1 or maybe an does a nother forum, that a guy with an ecoboost lifted his truck and put have your tires on like 33s, and was only getting 16.5 mpg

I think I saw that thread. I'd need to be refreshed on the details though. Was his "only 16.5 mpg" easy day to day highway driving? Or was it flogging, romping, and doing 85 mph on the highway? If it's the driving conditions a 6.2 would only get 10-11 mpg in, then 16.5 is great. Even if it were driving conditions a 6.2 would get 13-14 mpg in, that extra 2.5 mpg is almost 100 miles extra per tank. And for hp numbers between the 5.4 and 6.2, and tq numbers almost as good as the 6.2 with an awesome flat torque curve, and same towing capacity, I'd say it's pretty impressive. Of course all thats realtive though depending what all those variables were.