A few questions about owning a Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BramageDained

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 29 and pay about 70/mo, full coverage, from USAA so no worries there. Truck is awesome, do it!

USAA for the win. I wish I would have switched to them the day I joined instead of when I did.

Thanks for the answers everyone.

My Dad told me on the phone if I want one I should just buy it when I come back stateside...

There's sort of a question of buying it outright or say putting $40K down and using the difference to buy stuff for it with. My budget for buying a truck+car trailer is ~$70K give or take.

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got about 18K miles on my 2011 SuperCab. It's the most expensive vehicle I've ever owned, and I haven't regretted buying it for a single second. As far as I am concerned it is the most capable vehicle to ever come off a production line.

Welcome to FRF. It's as peerless as the Raptor!

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone in their mid-late twenties, what does your insurance run?

I can answer this one!

I am 28 (married) and have insurance through USAA and pay $105/month for the truck.

The Raptor comes up on their computers as a "2010 FORD F-150 SUPERCAB" so it does not seem that it is any different than a reg F150...

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

I'm 29 and pay about 70/mo, full coverage, from USAA so no worries there. Truck is awesome, do it!

What the heck.... I think USAA is ripping me off...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
USAA for the win. I wish I would have switched to them the day I joined instead of when I did.

Thanks for the answers everyone.

My Dad told me on the phone if I want one I should just buy it when I come back stateside...

There's sort of a question of buying it outright or say putting $40K down and using the difference to buy stuff for it with. My budget for buying a truck+car trailer is ~$70K give or take.

I have USAA also, and what allowed them to give me better rates than anyone else is that they insure it as a regular F150 and not an "SVT Raptor" Seems like everywhere else I went wanted like $200/mo for insurance even though I have no tickets and no accidents. Go figure.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

verytalonted...I'm right about the same rates you are for my insurance. I lost my new vehicle discount so it jumped up a bit.

I always thought insurance was supposed to be cheaper when you got past 25, doesn't seem to be the case.

OP
OP
BramageDained

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The insurance on my Evo dropped a fair bit when I turned 25. It's still $125/month though.

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 27 and I have full coverage through a company called Germania and mine is like $80 maybe less a month. Wife pays the bill so I cant remember exactly.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Insurance rates also depend on where you live. I paid 300 a year in PA for my car, it was 1200 in CA. Currently we pay less than $50 per month through Allstate for the Raptor.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
26, Allstate, full coverage, MAX policy coverage available+uninsured motorist, $200 a month and accident free/ticket free, single, live in LA

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk