A few problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mrpork

mrpork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

The changed a few solenoid's and that didnt work. They changed the "pcm" and they said it did the trick. Im geting it back tomorrow.we'll see how it does....

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Pat & Stoner speak FTW!

Problem is they keep making these beasts more fancy every year, when they need to concentrate more on making them bulletproof! You are def in warranty so all's well. I'm extended warranteed up for 5 yrs 100,000 miles so far so good

Hey now, don't forget me.

#2010Raptorisbest

OP
OP
mrpork

mrpork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...did the dealer say why the PCM needed replacing?
nope .. all they told me was "they were in contact with ford" ford told them to do it. but it didnt fix the problem. now they think it is in the wiring harness. they did a "overlay". it seemed to fix the problem. the wrench or engine light hasn't come on since they did the overlay.
Hey now, don't forget me.
i didnt :Wedgie:
#2010Raptorisbest

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it has something to do with deleting a fault or short in the harness ...bypassing the fault or short...

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I shift mine manually in the de select mode all the time, maybe 75 % of the time and wonder if the + - switch will be covered down the road when the letters are worn off. HAhaaaa. So far no issues. Just shy of 35,000 miles.

BDRAG

OP
OP
mrpork

mrpork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it has something to do with deleting a fault or short in the harness ...bypassing the fault or short...

you nailed it.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

the dealer ship is being very generous tho. treating me like gold