9500ci install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 18048
Front of the truck with laser shifters mounted above the bumper. And radar head mounted above the "D" behind the grill..

View attachment 18049
Closer view of shifter mounting location, fits perfectly with a little 3M trim adhesive tape..

View attachment 18050
Here you can see controls and remote display. Using a dremel it was easy to remove aux input and usb sync connection and relocate them into center console. (when i finish cb, scanner, icom installs I will show how I did it.)

View attachment 18051
Bi colored warning led mounted above gauges and allows you to see it with steering wheel in any location.

View attachment 18052
Rear laser shifter mounted below license plate. Used a cheap metal license plate frame and cut the frame to fit the shifter. Since some officers frown on anything obstructing the plate, i positioned it on the bottom of the plate. This allowed a secure mounting location and the most protection from off debris.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Last edited:

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice write up! What did you do with the Sync usb and input jack?
Edit: Read to fast and didn't see the other text under the photo, do you have more info on putting in the console? I'd like to do that

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 18053
Here is the gps antenna it is mounted right above gauge cluster.. There is a little plastic cover that easily pops off and drilled to run the wire through it.

As far as the install, thanks to The car stereo company and Cerberos build threads and videos to help with placement of devices and ideas.

The brains is mounted under the steering wheel, there is a plastic panel and the a metal cover that allows full access under the dash. There is a metal bar that runs across the dash that the speaker and the huge bundle of wires.

I considered cutting the wires and recrimping the ends to clean up the mess. But I decided against doing it just in case I need to replace something and not take the chance of messing something up.

All the external wires were ran through the grommet on the driver side firewall.

The detector is hooked up the number 4 upfitter switch. This allows the system to be turned completely off with a flip of a switch verses trying to hit the power button. No taping into any other power sources (ignition) or constant and having battery run down.

Last edited:

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It turns off automatically if you used a switch 12 volt attached to the key, you also dont have to remember to turn it on... forget to and then get a ticket....Just my opinion I put it to a switched 12 volt source...

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It turns off automatically if you used a switch 12 volt attached to the key, you also dont have to remember to turn it on... forget to and then get a ticket....Just my opinion I put it to a switched 12 volt source...

the uplifters turn off and on with the key too. Also they turn on when you remote start

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 18054
Here is where I mounted the usb update port..

Couple tips and tricks..

View attachment 18055
The cables have RJ11 ends on them and the little tabs break off easily. So I suggest to wrap a little tape around the ends before you start pulling the wires..
View attachment 18056

A dremel is your friend, just go slow and take little chunks at a time.. The usb port got a little bigger than I wanted. Because the router tip went through a thick part and then jumped when it got back into the thin plastic.

Zip ties (i went through at least fifty) on some of the factory split looms there are plastic tabs that are just taped to loom. I taped up the loose loom after pulling the wires and then used zip tips to hook loom to the tabs.

A battery mini impact driver with a set of nut driver tips works wonders.. (actually went out and got one just for this install). Made very quick work of pulling the dash apart and fits under the dash to mount the speaker bracket..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am getting another upfitter panel and going to fit it in the useless hole on the passenger side of the dash. Have some more lights to add (hood lights, rear light, rock lights, and m&r 8 pack)...