76k Mile Maintenance Questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hit 76k miles on my 2013...and I'm going to have some maintenance done. All that I've done is air filter, regular oil changes and tire rotations.

What would you all suggest?

I was thinking about taking it to the dealer for:
1). Coolant flush
2). Front and rear differential fluid
3). Trans flush
4). Power Steering Fluid Flush
5). Transfer Case
6). Brake Fluid
7). New Brakes

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hit 76k miles on my 2013...and I'm going to have some maintenance done. All that I've done is air filter, regular oil changes and tire rotations.

What would you all suggest?

I was thinking about taking it to the dealer for:
1). Coolant flush
2). Front and rear differential fluid
3). Trans flush
4). Power Steering Fluid Flush
5). Transfer Case
6). Brake Fluid
7). New Brakes

I did all of these at 50k. I would say they are overdue.

D

Deleted member 12951

Is Fuse 27 under TSB?

Yes, TSB 15-0137 but dealer typically won't do it under warranty unless it becomes an issue under 36k or ESP. It should be a recall. I already did it on 14' before I had any issues. No way, do I want to get stranded. That will always happen at the worst possible moment, Murphy's law. The kit is like $15.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010, 6.2. I just had my entire system flushed last week (27k miles) and a new battery. Ended up costing me about $1300 when it was all said and done. Do it. You can feel the difference. Everything just seems smoother....

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, TSB 15-0137 but dealer typically won't do it under warranty unless it becomes an issue under 36k or ESP. It should be a recall. I already did it on 14' before I had any issues. No way, do I want to get stranded. That will always happen at the worst possible moment, Murphy's law. The kit is like $15.
rick whats the deal with the fuze. and where do you get the kit?

D

Deleted member 12951

rick whats the deal with the fuze. and where do you get the kit?

Here is the PDF of the TSB
http://m.ford.oemdtc.com/TSB/15-0137.pdf

Basically fuze 27 socket starts to melt and fails. It's for your gas pump in the tank. Once blown, can't start truck and been known to kill engine while driving. In the PDF, shows part number. I got mine from Tascaparts.com. The kit relocates Fuze 27 to socket 70 and supplies a different bigger fuse as it should have been from factory.