650 Miles and a cracked Torque Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would take the maintenance plan over the extended warranty anyday. You're going to have a warranty on the repairs they did anyway, along with the standard warranty.

But the (extended) maintenance plan could be worth more to you in the long run. Especially if you plan to trade the vehicle in 3-4 years. That extended powertrain warranty won't do you nearly as much good as somebody doing routine maintenance for all that time without costing you a dime in the process.

S.

it will if the truck continually has problems. i would way rather pay for a 35$ oil change than a entire ******* motor 300 miles outside of factory warranty.

OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
I have yet to see anything in writing from the Ford rep who promised to email me the offer. I'm more concerned with the transmission, engine, and turbos than service.

My dealer told me last week that they are waiting on additional parts for the transmission which should arrive Wednesday.

Interesting notification on my Ford Pass today. I received 2 alerts, first at 11:39 am and the second at 1:13pm. Both messages were the same:

- Malfunction Indicator Lamp - Regulatory - What is happening - The engine system has detected a misfire fault.

Is this anything to be concerned about? The last time they took my transmission out I never received any alerts on my phone.

OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
I have yet to see anything in writing from the Ford rep who promised to email me the offer. I'm more concerned with the transmission, engine, and turbos than service.

My dealer told me last week that they are waiting on additional parts for the transmission which should arrive Wednesday.

Interesting notification on my Ford Pass today. I received 2 alerts, first at 11:39 am and the second at 1:13pm. Both messages were the same:

- Malfunction Indicator Lamp - Regulatory - What is happening - The engine system has detected a misfire fault.

Is this anything to be concerned about? The last time they took my transmission out I never received any alerts on my phone.

Just received a text from my service advisor that my truck is done. Seriously crossing my fingers that this is it for problems...

Regarding my last post above, does anybody have any insight on this? Is it something I need to be concerned about?

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just received a text from my service advisor that my truck is done. Seriously crossing my fingers that this is it for problems...

Regarding my last post above, does anybody have any insight on this? Is it something I need to be concerned about?

I have no insight and would suggest asking the service dept. Probably last time the battery was disconnected through the entire process, this time they might have reconnected the battery before all the sensor wires were reconnected.

OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
This is the response my service advisor gave me when I asked about the 2 misfire alerts I received on Ford Pass yesterday.

"He had to reprogram all modules to the new trans."

Does that make sense? Engine misfire because of a reprogram?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m skeptical, but just give it a sound test drive on the way home... fingers crossed.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
This is the response my service advisor gave me when I asked about the 2 misfire alerts I received on Ford Pass yesterday.

"He had to reprogram all modules to the new trans."

Does that make sense? Engine misfire because of a reprogram?

No... sounds like they have no clue what they are doing. I hate all these ford service techs that seemingly don’t care and really lack proper ford training.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depending on when the truck was built, there may be updates for the modules for various reasons. I wouldn't necessarily suggest the tech went rouge. Ford may have instructed him to do this just to be thorough.

Did you get it back and is it running correctly?

MJSlash, your truck still humming along?

heffneil

Reaction score
Unrelated I bought my wife a Cadillac Escalade a while back and we leased it for 36 months. The torque converter went bad even though there was a recall to prevent it from failing. The car was a lemon and a half. I called Cadillac and the front line people asked what I wanted and I said I think it is a lemon. They said do I want a buy back and I said maybe it depends on the terms. So when the higher levels finally called me back they told me there is no such thing as a buy back. What I ended up doing was calling the dealership I bought it from and I asked them to add up the number of days it was in the shop for various problems. It was over 30 days. I said I wanted a full lease payment refunded and they provided me a check a couple days later. Seemed like a decent deal. Towards the end of the lease (about 6 months early) the car started doing it again. I took it in and they said the torque converter was fine but they flushed the transmission 3 times in a row and it was going to have to be driven a while to see if it really would go away. I traded the car in on a 17 the next day. The new car seems much better. Unfortunately you can find one with no problems and the next one off the line can be an utter POS and just be riddled with problems. Luck of the draw. I generally get the bastard of the line :) . Good luck with your Raptor.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on when the truck was built, there may be updates for the modules for various reasons. I wouldn't necessarily suggest the tech went rouge. Ford may have instructed him to do this just to be thorough.

Did you get it back and is it running correctly?

MJSlash, your truck still humming along?

Yes. Still humming along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk