650 Miles and a cracked Torque Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
I called and spoke to him. Gave him advice based on my case and experience with Ford. Sucks that his 900 mile truck has issues.
I predict a new transmission will be ordered. Truck will be out of commission for 15 - 30 days.

Mike, text me as developments unfold. And make sure to get the case opened today with FoMoCo. Dont waste time trying negotiate with the dealer. Just let them do their thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off the phone with Ford and opened my case. Horrible timing having truck issues when Hurricane Irma stopped my work schedule for almost 3 weeks.

OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
And 3 hrs later the tow showed up.

Attachments

• F33EC655-8A38-4A46-9D59-120852BC4A55.jpg
    F33EC655-8A38-4A46-9D59-120852BC4A55.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
Is the upside down picture a sign of protest or distress?

Sign of protest.

I spoke with the service manager for a while. Explained how the dealership has had the truck longer than I have and how concerned I am about the transmission failing for the second time. He told me he would get with Ford engineering to figure out what the problem is. I’m guessing they will probably replace the transmission at this point, who knows how long I’ll be waiting.

I mentioned the truck qualifies for lemon law (30+ days in service) and I have already filed a complaint with ford. According to the service manager if I file the lemon law claim Ford will not work with me on a potential buy back or other any other acceptable compensation (ext warranty payments etc). The manager through out the idea of ford making a payment or two for me. I told him I put the claim in with Ford to pursue a buyback and another Raptor.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Sign of protest.

I spoke with the service manager for a while. Explained how the dealership has had the truck longer than I have and how concerned I am about the transmission failing for the second time. He told me he would get with Ford engineering to figure out what the problem is. I’m guessing they will probably replace the transmission at this point, who knows how long I’ll be waiting.

I mentioned the truck qualifies for lemon law (30+ days in service) and I have already filed a complaint with ford. According to the service manager if I file the lemon law claim Ford will not work with me on a potential buy back or other any other acceptable compensation (ext warranty payments etc). The manager through out the idea of ford making a payment or two for me. I told him I put the claim in with Ford to pursue a buyback and another Raptor.

You would want another one?

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sign of protest.

I would not mess with Lemon law unless you have too. Work with Ford on a buyback or vehicle replacement.

If you wanted to persue lemon law you would first need to send a demand letter to Ford. Giving them a final repair chance to fix. Lemon Law is not cut and dry. Work with Ford on buyback.

As for making payments, I requested the same thing. FoMoCo said they would consider that when the case was closed. And they would not make any payments while the case was open. That was my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You would want another one?

Of course he would! Just like you want one too Mcnawsty (aka Sasquatch), (aka ecoboost troll)

He got a bad one. It happens to every maker. Vast majority like mine are near perfect. My Mercedes needed a new tranny at 12k miles. Shit happens.

Any word yet Mcnawsty on that new engine you were promising?

OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
Yes I want another one, I understand shit happens, and shit happened to take a dump in my lap this time. I would bet any amount of money that if they do a buy back and I get a new one I will not have catostophic issues like this one.

Just a funny honorable mention for my wasted day. I finally get home, realize I don’t have a garage door opener since I have programmed in the Raptor and my only house key is in the truck as well. House is locked up wife won’t be home for another 1.5 hrs. I said **** this day, drove over grabbed a bottle of Basil Hayden, ice, and a cup from the store and I’m now enjoying on my lanai. What a day !