650 Miles and a cracked Torque Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let the dealer fix it. Drive it normal. It might be just fine from there. It also might have continued issues. If more arise, then it might be time to move on.

OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
Sucks about the Raptor. You stated in your original thread "The truck has 650 miles on it..... I'm starting to get flashbacks of my lemon range rover.". How did the lemon process go on the Range Rover?

I was not able to claim the Range Rover under Lemon Laws as the truck was 3 years old once the numerous problems started happening. I ended up trading it in.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Crap.. Just noticed this on my garage floor and on my passenger sidestep. The liquid didn’t evaporate overnight. Do other people hear a sizzling sound of droplets hitting a hot plate when they turn off their truck?

e62b79b8113086471e6c9dd2ac4d68d2.jpg120bf2e1fd26b8121df2ac7afb8270cf.jpg2f88e1092a3dca849b3cedc19acfc501.jpg67dec079705e6c0dd992197783030010.jpg

This looks like what I found on my truck. I put a catch pan underneath the truck overnight and found pink transmission oil the next morning.

Here was the original thread I started before I knew what the problem was, I took pics of what the leak looked like. Hopefully, you don't have any problems.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/oil-passenger-door-running-boards-rear-fender-57046/

OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
They finally finished my truck and I picked it up Tuesday. Last night when I pulled out of the garage I noticed some kind of fluid leaking. Looked under the passenger wheel well and noticed what seemed to be AC condensation dripping quite a bit. I also noticed pink tranny oil on the underbelly. I put a couple oil catches under the truck last night, one had a few ounces of what seems to be water and the other had about one drop of tranny oil. I'm assuming it is the remnants of the blown seal. It did worry me a bit as the truck sat for a month at the dealer and we have had rain this week while I've been driving. I would have thought most of it would have washed away by now.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They finally finished my truck and I picked it up Tuesday. Last night when I pulled out of the garage I noticed some kind of fluid leaking. Looked under the passenger wheel well and noticed what seemed to be AC condensation dripping quite a bit. I also noticed pink tranny oil on the underbelly. I put a couple oil catches under the truck last night, one had a few ounces of what seems to be water and the other had about one drop of tranny oil. I'm assuming it is the remnants of the blown seal. It did worry me a bit as the truck sat for a month at the dealer and we have had rain this week while I've been driving. I would have thought most of it would have washed away by now.

Lots of ac condensate is normal and i imagine that trans fluid got everywhere with your situation and is probably just residual. It should decrease every time you park it if there is no leak. If it doesn't slow down you may have a issue... glad they got you fixed up.

OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
Bad news.... noticed smoke driving down the highway, cars started flagging me down and had to pull over at the next exit. Prior to pulling over I noticed the truck was not shifting out of 10th gear, I believe before I stopped it got down to 8th. Looking under the truck it looks like a ton of transmission oil, even more than before but not on the side of the truck like last time. I called roadside assistance and I’m currently waiting on a tow.

Spoke with the state about lemon law and the vehicle already qualifies because it was in for 30 days of service, but the attorney still said it is a 2-4 month process. This is just crazy.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad news.... noticed smoke driving down the highway, cars started flagging me down and had to pull over at the next exit. Prior to pulling over I noticed the truck was not shifting out of 10th gear, I believe before I stopped it got down to 8th. Looking under the truck it looks like a ton of transmission oil, even more than before but not on the side of the truck like last time. I called roadside assistance and I’m currently waiting on a tow.

Spoke with the state about lemon law and the vehicle already qualifies because it was in for 30 days of service, but the attorney still said it is a 2-4 month process. This is just crazy.

That sucks man. Not sure what state you are in. But depending on the state, if you accepted a rental that was provided by the dealer/Ford then the 30 days is negated. That doesnt mean buyback wont happen, but you need to work with Ford and request the buyback. Ford will likely win if you go to arbitration or court if your state has the same law as many others pertaining to rental.

On day 50 for me I had three attorneys refuse to even look at my case. Call your Ford contact and ask for a buyback. The first time I did that mine was denied. The 2nd time it was approved. I raised hell until Ford agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

d158f96ccc608d33e42bb71a4592e0f9.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
That sucks man. Not sure what state you are in. But depending on the state, if you accepted a rental that was provided by the dealer/Ford then the 30 days is negated. That doesnt mean buyback wont happen, but you need to work with Ford and request the buyback. Ford will likely win if you go to arbitration or court if your state has the same law as many others pertaining to rental.

On day 50 for me I had three attorneys refuse to even look at my case. Call your Ford contact and ask for a buyback. The first time I did that mine was denied. The 2nd time it was approved. I raised hell until Ford agreed.

I just tried to send you a PM with my #, not sure if it went through. If possible would you mind giving me a quick call. I’m getting the truck towed back to the dealership I purchase it from and I’m curious how you handled it.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sucks seeing ferd releasing vehicles before they are ready to be driven and bought for nearly 3 qtrs of 100k.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called and spoke to him. Gave him advice based on my case and experience with Ford. Sucks that his 900 mile truck has issues.
I predict a new transmission will be ordered. Truck will be out of commission for 15 - 30 days.

Mike, text me as developments unfold. And make sure to get the case opened today with FoMoCo. Dont waste time trying negotiate with the dealer. Just let them do their thing.