650 Miles and a cracked Torque Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Before you go all official on Ford and the dealer, and most importantly before taking legal or financial advice from anonymous internet posters , do some homework. First, talk to someone like @MJslasherADMIN who has successfully navigated a buy back or a lemon law suit - full disclosure, I have but not against Ford and not recently.

Buy back would likely take 4 or more months and is unlikely as they successfully diagnosed the problem. Lawsuit could take 6 - 18 months to conclude.

Honestly, from what you described, your best bet is likely working with the dealer. Let them fix the truck. The dealer is not an easy entity to sue.

You can see some really dumb stuff on Internet forums. Check out MJSlasherAdmins post on the crazy sound coming from the engine. You'll need a while to read it but there is some monumentally stupid "advice" handed out.

Just make whatever decision best suits your objectives with some careful education and planning.

OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
Here is the link to the FL DMV which links to the attorney generals website.
Florida Lemon Laws

More than 30 days in service qualifies as a lemon which I'm fairly certain I will exceed. I spoke with the secretary for the attorney at the attorney generals office this afternoon, the attorney is calling me Monday. She said that Ford may try to settle with you rather than taking back the truck. Either way, I'll go down the lemon law rabbit hole and see what happens. Bottom line is its pretty ****** to have owned the truck for approximately 45 days and its spent almost 30 of those days in service.

Nick610s

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think you are going to be able to get a lemon law claim for this. Its a brand new truck, you have a .01% issue with your truck.

Parts, even brand new parts can fail, as long as they fix it within a reasonable time frame, theres no way you will be able to claim its a lemon.

Now, if the truck continues to have separate issues and or continues to break transmission parts over a short period of time, normally within a year time frame, then you probably have a case.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this something that most dealers would do? Service department sucks, probably don't need to involve them.

I dealt with the GM when purchasing the truck as he was trying to get $10k over MSRP until I shopped him all over the state and got other dealers to put in writing they would sell at MSRP. He finally took MSRP but it was non-stop negotiating. Is this something I should go to him with, or try to go above him as the dealership has numerous locations in my area.

Sorry for your troubles, but you are being "sasquatched" by Mcnawsty, previously known by his old user id of "sasquatch" on these forums. Search some of his previous posts.

He does NOT own a gen2 but goes on several forums to bash it relentlessly.

He enjoys it when others have any issue with their Gen2. He likely has mental health issues.

Your best bet is to let the dealer fix it, thats why you have a warranty. Maybe, just maybe. they may throw in an extended warranty, but that would be the most extra you get. Be nice and civil with them if you want anything extra. This isnt their first rodeo.

You are not getting money back from the dealer and the lemon law does not sound like it will work either. Good luck

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the link to the FL DMV which links to the attorney generals website.
Florida Lemon Laws

More than 30 days in service qualifies as a lemon which I'm fairly certain I will exceed. I spoke with the secretary for the attorney at the attorney generals office this afternoon, the attorney is calling me Monday. She said that Ford may try to settle with you rather than taking back the truck. Either way, I'll go down the lemon law rabbit hole and see what happens. Bottom line is its pretty ****** to have owned the truck for approximately 45 days and its spent almost 30 of those days in service.

So you joined the forum when you bought the truck and it broke roughly 15 days later and has been in the shop for a month? Correct yes?

OP
OP
M

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
So you joined the forum when you bought the truck and it broke roughly 15 days later and has been in the shop for a month? Correct yes?

Yes, and if you look at my last thread I took pics of the leak. You guys are on the lookout for trolls hard. Maybe that's not what you were getting at, but if so I'm happy to send pics or whatever proof you may need. I love the truck, but unfortunately I had bad luck with my first Ever new car purchase.

I'm driving around a base f150 loaner, granted at least I have a loaner, but it sucks when I watch other Raptors drive by.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sucks, but they are taking care of you regardless of the delay. A torque converter isn’t a big deal. Just be patient is my advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, and if you look at my last thread I took pics of the leak. You guys are on the lookout for trolls hard. Maybe that's not what you were getting at, but if so I'm happy to send pics or whatever proof you may need. I love the truck, but unfortunately I had bad luck with my first Ever new car purchase.

I'm driving around a base f150 loaner, granted at least I have a loaner, but it sucks when I watch other Raptors drive by.

Ok.. I'll grant .... and since the only other contributions to your thread are coming from frf's most infamous troll one has the inclination to be weary... anyway like I said I feel bad for your situation and if your inclined to get out of it go for it... I personally highly doubt it will go your way tho. And asking the dealer to give you some money back for your inconvenience, well that's a waste of time for sure. Good luck hope it works out for you either way.